Comments

Spencer
Very, very good... I especially liked the redundant words line. Ty
(7 months, 1 week ago)

barry womble
All the N.B.A ones are also a famous Billy. Was that by accident or design? Great grid, thanks.
(7 months, 1 week ago)

DBH
I really liked the redundant words line (which I didn't get). But I do get a bit frustrated with lines that use American sport, such as NBA point guards - just a little bit too specialised perhaps?
(7 months ago)

d
DBH I understand where you're coming from. However, these players are some of the best known to people with any casual knowledge of the sport and all currently active on popular teams. Point guards may seem overly specific a connection, but I'm pretty confident just 'NBA players' would also be an accepted answer. Also FWIW PG is probably the position with the broadest casual awareness because of their central role in initiating offense, so if there were any position to use it's probably the best option.
(7 months ago)

Mack
@barry womble That was by accident! Just added it as an alternative sequence :)
(7 months ago)

bigz
DBH. Maybe there should be a way to block users from accessing anything about sports figures, teams, terms unless those are relative to a user's home country. Maybe the same for politicians. Most Yanks are not really likely to guess cricketers, international football players, team nicknames, Chancellors of the Exchequer, or political party leaders other than those in the USA.
Take your lumps. No one is going to score 10 on every grid. Those of us over 50 are not likely to get anywhere on Pokemon or video game franchises or superheroes. Suck it up and move on.
(7 months ago)