Comments about all grids

Billy Bones @ #25273: Surely 'Bob' should be enough?! And 'sprinters' (6 minutes ago)

BinDipper @ #25269: Cheers All. Bagsy - I was going out to Screwfix so I had to either shelve it until I nailed group 4, or whack it on the site and see what happened. I wasn’t sure anyone would like having the answers on the grid so it didn’t seem worth waiting. (16 minutes ago)

Nancy R @ #25285: Hmmm (18 minutes ago)

Nancy R @ #25283: I found that hard! (24 minutes ago)

NancyR @ #25269: Good one! (31 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25280: As Christobal said, a well set grid with some unpopular (or overpopular?) subject matter- so you won't get the praise it deserves, it seems. Nothing inherently wrong so do keep setting grids! (1 hour, 23 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25282: Oh, nice one, Christobal! Glad you enjoyed. (1 hour, 28 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25285: I avoided the Bach/ Bark pun, d'you see? :) (1 hour, 30 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25285: Goodness, wasn't he talented! :) (1 hour, 31 minutes ago)

Steve @ #25280: Good (1 hour, 33 minutes ago)

jollycorpse @ #25269: Wonderful (1 hour, 35 minutes ago)

Est @ #25247: I liked it! (1 hour, 56 minutes ago)

Est @ #25280: I liked it. Well done! (2 hours, 2 minutes ago)

Christobal @ #25280: Beckham kids has been very much overused, as has the phonetic alphabet, but if you're new, you probably didn't know. (2 hours, 4 minutes ago)

Est @ #25250: I liked this! (2 hours, 6 minutes ago)

Christobal @ #25285: Beethoven was a St Bernard dog in the 1992 film of the same name. (2 hours, 8 minutes ago)

Christobal @ #25271: 🙂 (2 hours, 16 minutes ago)

Christobal @ #25282: 43 seconds! Sometimes they just go your way, don't they! Good grid Lorna (2 hours, 21 minutes ago)

Vlad @ #25279: This was 2 hard 2 easy, not 1 hard 3 easy. (2 hours, 34 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25283: Very good (2 hours, 41 minutes ago)

smh @ #25270: Puzzgrid setter (2 hours, 50 minutes ago)

Salahlahlah @ #25260: Tasty! I honestly thought the whole grid was taken from The Fat Duck menu. They’re big on toad venom in Bray, though hopefully tiger entrails are a step too far... (2 hours, 53 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25281: Really hard, really informative, really good! So much there I didn't know and glad I do now. And great use of contextual camouflage esp. Jack and Jill. Brilliant 5/5 :) (3 hours, 19 minutes ago)

Big Doof @ #25141: This Hard (3 hours, 27 minutes ago)

chris @ #25280: Beckham kids !!!! no thanks !!! sorry (3 hours, 32 minutes ago)

Billy Bones @ #25269: Very clever, loved how some of the answers were right there in the grid yet it still wasn't as easy as it seemed! (3 hours, 35 minutes ago)

Jane @ #25199: I put cakes which is more right than food but it's a really good grid. (4 hours ago)

Jane @ #25199: I put cakes which is more right than food lol (4 hours ago)

jms @ #25279: (4 hours, 6 minutes ago)

jms @ #25279: So difficult!..and now I keep singing " Hit the road Jack"! (4 hours, 6 minutes ago)

jms @ #25280: Good one and enjoyable (4 hours, 10 minutes ago)

salmacis @ #25279: The Chord Progression feels *very* difficult, even if you know more than one of the songs (which I didn't.) Got the rest though, even though it took about 2:30 to get the first set! (4 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Jane @ #25209: Clever grid. I wasn't so clever :) (4 hours, 18 minutes ago)

salmacis @ #25280: Please, can any grid containing the Beckham kids be automatically rejected? (4 hours, 24 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25274: yes deliberately so- someone is using my name to make joke grids, again (5 hours ago)

salmacis @ #25209: Never even noticed the Beatles red herring until I'd already got the toilets! (5 hours, 20 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25279: Apologies if this one is a little frustrating- I've gone for a 1 hard 3 easy grid- just trying something new out. It will appeal to a few folks- accepted terms are as broad as possible. If you come close give yourself a point. (5 hours, 22 minutes ago)

Ade @ #25225: Fun and clever (5 hours, 22 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25277: EXCELLENT grid, full marks- at least 7 red herrings in one group, a whole false group, I had the right ideas but was fully eluded til out of time- masterfully done. This is the kind of grid I love (even though I scored zilch) (5 hours, 28 minutes ago)

Est @ #25273: Tricky! (6 hours, 1 minute ago)

lorna @ #25276: good and challenging (6 hours, 26 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25275: Brilliantly done, and I love a theme! (6 hours, 31 minutes ago)

Steve @ #25273: Same comment as Andy P (6 hours, 32 minutes ago)

Peekay @ #25274: That was incomprehensible (6 hours, 34 minutes ago)

Andy P @ #25253: Really good. The "Card" line was great in particular. Satisfying penny drop moment. (7 hours, 5 minutes ago)

Andy P @ #25273: Easy enough grid but the triggers to award points could be better. It gave me 6/10 instead of 10/10. Cheers though. (7 hours, 8 minutes ago)

Andy P @ #25225: Nice and easy but also fun. (7 hours, 11 minutes ago)

Andy P @ #25263: Nice grid. Cheers (7 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Andy P @ #25269: Nice one. Will admit to cheating and restarting because I got a bit lost on the way. Eventually got 10/10 after 6 (!) minutes. Nice one. (7 hours, 20 minutes ago)

TheDoc @ #25263: I was convinced diamond was there somewhere! Nice wall (7 hours, 23 minutes ago)

BlodwynPig @ #23348: Crap (7 hours, 43 minutes ago)

salmacis @ #25060: You're right, I noticed after I submitted. 'Ash' would have been better. (7 hours, 50 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25274: Not me. Using my name again (8 hours, 16 minutes ago)

jms @ #25269: Good one. Lorna, I smiled too! (8 hours, 54 minutes ago)

Jane @ #25238: I got 70s bands but didn't say number ones :( Good grid though. (9 hours, 5 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25269: Easier said than done, Bagsy! Then easier done than solved, possibly. this one was just hard enough. (9 hours, 6 minutes ago)

Bagsy33 @ #25269: Why doesn't the crossover theme of having the link in one of the other groups hold across all 4 groups? Just think if you're going for that level of intricacy it should be across the board. Still a good grid, though (9 hours, 19 minutes ago)

nadja @ #6833: family clue should allow "relatives" (10 hours, 3 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25269: You know its a good grid if you smile while you're solving it. Excellent work, nice slow reveal stuff (10 hours, 15 minutes ago)

Anon @ #25203: Love the Smiths link (10 hours, 19 minutes ago)

salmacis @ #25261: 'Ewe' and 'Ram' aren't really animals, and 'Hen and 'Cock' aren't really birds. I'd have preferred this if you could have found 4 artists with an actual bird or animal species for each category. (10 hours, 44 minutes ago)

Bemused obs @ #25269: Great grid, very clever crossovers, enjoyed that. (10 hours, 58 minutes ago)

Cazlyn @ #22520: Oh dear ran out of time but got all the connections The Poe answers almost tripped me up (11 hours, 15 minutes ago)

Hubby @ #25264: Retail; Resting; Remark; Reward (12 hours ago)

Keith @ #25263: Kicking myself that I missed the Horcrux group. Fun grid anyway. (15 hours, 21 minutes ago)

Zarn @ #24608: I said characters in Red Dwarf instead of game of thrones and it gave it to me. A false 10/10 (17 hours, 15 minutes ago)

vinlend @ #24702: color was not accepted - add to colour (18 hours, 16 minutes ago)

vinlend @ #22502: too niche (18 hours, 26 minutes ago)

Nz @ #25260: Lorna, just to let you know that if you ever invite me round for dinner I'm washing my hair that night or some other equally unmissable prior engagement. Enjoy your meal though :-) (18 hours, 36 minutes ago)

Nz @ #25264: Tailer? (19 hours, 1 minute ago)

Doug Piranha @ #25261: Yeah, REALLY well hidden. (19 hours, 34 minutes ago)

Lindybeige @ #25249: It didn't like 'biblical plagues' for some reason. I think the rock band name group all include the missing word 'The' don't they? (20 hours, 5 minutes ago)

booji @ #25224: Stationary means “fixed,” “immobile,” or “unchanging.” Stationery refers to paper, matching envelopes, and writing implements. (21 hours, 37 minutes ago)

Fisty @ #25259: Yep palindrome, soz (22 hours, 27 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25238: Yeah, sorry Chris, what he said. (22 hours, 30 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25261: genius! REALLY well hidden, unpredictable choices. Nicely played. (22 hours, 32 minutes ago)

Fred @ #25259: Did you mean Palindrome? (22 hours, 34 minutes ago)

namelesshere @ #25259: good one, but it's spelt palindromes.... (22 hours, 34 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25259: good one (22 hours, 35 minutes ago)

lorna @ #25260: To be taken AFTER meals (22 hours, 37 minutes ago)

Jane @ #24: Aft is not a time of day. (22 hours, 51 minutes ago)

The Clown @ #25238: Chris - Charles Dance - the actor. (23 hours, 1 minute ago)

lorna @ #24626: What are you gaping at meaning? gape at someone or something to stare at someone or something in wonder. Don't just stand there, gaping at me freedictionary.com (23 hours, 35 minutes ago)

Jane @ #24626: Gape does not mean "look". (1 day ago)

Jane @ #24703: Book = buck? No these are not homophones. (1 day ago)

The Clown @ #25258: Hope I've got level right (tricky when you KNOW the links) and apologies if London address clue annoys anyone. (1 day ago)

davebees @ #25252: Not a unique solution – 'Queen' and 'King' can be exchanged! (1 day ago)

lorna @ #25255: Apart from these typos and definitions (potatoes are alive?) this had some nice ideas in it :) (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Reynardine @ #25255: Couple of nitpicky things! Strom should presumably read Storm? Ditto "Traingle" should be "Triangle", and "None living" as "Non-living". Thanks for the grid! (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Joe Soap @ #25251: Liked it - good herrings (1 day, 1 hour ago)

lorna @ #25238: Chris- you stick out your left leg, raise both hands, put them on your hips, spin once clockwise, then get shot on the toilet with a crossbow. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

lorna @ #25248: I have to agree- to be honest I only shoehorned it in so's I could have Sonic as a red herring; he's a bit obvious for the Norman group, to my tastes! Shawshank was there to camouflage the anagrams. Giving away my MO, here! Thanks, as ever, for feedback :) (1 day, 1 hour ago)

lorna @ #25254: Nice to see some old themes done in a novel way. Good job! (1 day, 1 hour ago)

lorna @ #25253: lovely grid (1 day, 1 hour ago)

lorna @ #25251: I liked the league group (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Joe Soap @ #25249: Good red herrings (1 day, 1 hour ago)

CorenM 4PM @ #25246: Beat me hands down with the Utah group, didn’t know them at all! Very good :) (1 day, 1 hour ago)

gnu @ #25248: Really liked the Shawshank and Spiny Norman stuff. Was almost ready to give it 5 stars just for including Spiny Norman but I didn't like the boom group so much. I mean there was probably nothing wrong with it but I didn't like it anyway. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Fisty @ #25235: Good grid (1 day, 2 hours ago)

lorna @ #25227: Apologies, I could have sworn I put ground and cliff in! I definitely always put "term" or "synonym" in that type of set in case I forget some words! (1 day, 2 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.