Comments about all grids

Krista @ #48973: Just right. Good red herrings. (40 minutes ago)

david A garcia @ #49010: I've read it. "Problematic" is a semantic term for extra challenging in regards to having even two or three clues that can cross over into other categories. It can be what makes a puzzle that is initially a "stand and stare" so satisfying when you eliminate certain combinations. The 16 clicks and you're done grids may have their fans. They're fun, too. But there's a reason that the hard and fiendish descriptions exist. (1 hour, 13 minutes ago)

Steph @ #48995: I've always thought of Admiral Ackbar as having orange skin, I think you could make an argument for him fitting into either the orange or red category, which slightly spoils the quiz for me. (2 hours, 25 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #3417: So good I accidentally stole one of its groups for another grid 6 years later (2 hours, 40 minutes ago)

VCM @ #48860: Good Fun. get a life jonboy (2 hours, 43 minutes ago)

bumbum @ #49018: Nooooobody beats me at puzzgrids because i am the wiiiiiiiiz very good grid, would recommend (3 hours, 45 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #49019: Edited copy of.49017 (3 hours, 58 minutes ago)

Dogma @ #49016: I considered that, but thought that was too many fore/for/four homophones,that I might get confused about where fore and for belonged and I really liked all four things in that group. (5 hours, 2 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #49017: Yeah fair enough. That's Wikipedia for you. I'll edit it when I have the time (5 hours, 4 minutes ago)

Al @ #49010: David, there's a difference between a red herring and multiple correct solutions. Take a look at "One Correct Solution" on the About page. (5 hours, 11 minutes ago)

Rekkedgecho @ #49017: Survivor don't fit in that category as they weren't a one hit wonder! What about 'Burning Heart', made #5 in the UK, plus loads of charting singles in the US. (5 hours, 31 minutes ago)

david A garcia @ #49010: Can we please have an end to clueless people pointing out what a red herring is? WE KNOW there are "swappable items" That's where the challenge comes. Otherwise, it's just four clearly delineated lists. Fool Moron Imbecile Cretin See how obvious that is? (6 hours, 2 minutes ago)

Aetees @ #49015: Very good (6 hours, 13 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #49016: The helping group should have "Fore" in it.... (6 hours, 33 minutes ago)

Doc Filth @ #48994: The green group is *way* too niche. (6 hours, 48 minutes ago)

Dgms @ #49010: There are swappable items between two groups. Tie can also be part of a railroad/railway, and spike (and maybe also joint) can be a fastener. (6 hours, 48 minutes ago)

neilb4god @ #48983: Some clever deceptions in this one, with the right answers tending to be simpler than one might initially assume (eg. vehicles, not presidents). Completely missed the counties one too; too busy looking for a Tom Sharpe link because of 'Wilt'. (6 hours, 59 minutes ago)

Freddgar @ #49015: Nice one, enjoyed it. I got all but then failed on the Bays line Groaned out loud at the reveal😩 Thanks for posting (7 hours, 6 minutes ago)

UStralian @ #48780: Avengers? (8 hours, 41 minutes ago)

Tom @ #30703: Real pleasure and you r right it was clever (9 hours, 3 minutes ago)

Ellie @ #48991: Resistance is futile......and Bjorn of Borg made me lol (15 hours ago)

Ellie @ #48996: Missed out on the full 10 because I didn't spot the Jacko group.....despite thinking of Smooth for Criminal. Damn! A Thriller, nevertheless :) (15 hours, 6 minutes ago)

Ellie @ #49002: Infuriating....but fun! (15 hours, 13 minutes ago)

Dgms @ #49003: I don't understand two of these groups or the explanations of the links. (17 hours, 37 minutes ago)

CKJ @ #48996: Tricky, but fair. I got 1 point for guessing the brand names category (18 hours, 32 minutes ago)

PG @ #48967: Grid of the day (18 hours, 52 minutes ago)

PG @ #49002: Grid of the day (18 hours, 53 minutes ago)

Cat Stevens @ #45401: shyte (19 hours, 38 minutes ago)

rjj @ #48996: ZERO points for me even though two of the answers were part of the grid! (Mark and Black) (20 hours, 7 minutes ago)

bbsgirl @ #49006: Check your answers - it wouldn't accept The Wire, or sailing boats, and you've misspelled Gormenghast. Nice easy grid apart from your errors. (20 hours, 12 minutes ago)

rjj @ #48989: Thanks! I think I should get a point for "NEWS" for line 2. (Al Jazeera, Euronews, Sputnik and BBC.) (20 hours, 16 minutes ago)

rjj @ #26004: very good! thank you! (20 hours, 25 minutes ago)

rjj @ #38707: Carol Cleveland threw me. :) Thanks! (20 hours, 32 minutes ago)

Sam Francis @ #49005: Amazing, thank you! That was very tough but I like what you did! (20 hours, 51 minutes ago)

Julia @ #48995: cool (21 hours, 41 minutes ago)

wahhh @ #48988: waaaaahhhhhh (22 hours, 38 minutes ago)

Scumpy jack @ #48994: Good grid (23 hours, 19 minutes ago)

Kazza K @ #48991: Desperately trying to find a Brookside connection with Damon and Jimmy... Nice Borg group :) (1 day ago)

david A garcia @ #48989: Nice crossovers! News outlets/agencies should have worked. (1 day ago)

David @ #48991: Good challenging grid, which I made no easier by speed-misreading an extra P into the middle of Palatine so spent ages trying to shoehorn the Star Wars Emperor into my answers. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

David @ #48967: Excellent, thanks. French names: I live and learn. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

David @ #48995: Fun grid, thanks. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Shakes Spears @ #48989: Love the pub landlord connection. Good to brush up on Qatari cities before next year's World Cup :) (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Shakes Spears @ #48983: absolutely brilliant! (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Observation @ #48974: fun (1 day, 3 hours ago)

streets585 @ #48998: Maybe a little too straight forward? (1 day, 4 hours ago)

dgms @ #48995: Pretty straightforward and fun. I got a bit confused as I was mixing up the Thing and the Beast, never heard of Q*bert,and didn't know whether original Oompah Loompahs meant the ones in the first film version, or their description in the original edition of the book, but managed to work it out. (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Rekkedgecho @ #48998: Robin Hood???!!!! (1 day, 4 hours ago)

dgms @ #48996: I'll have to Google why Water belongs in that group.. (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Rekkedgecho @ #48994: Exactly what Fred said! (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Fred Fish @ #48994: Your homophones are a bit out, Lahm is pronounced "Larm" and Khan is pronounced "Karn". (1 day, 5 hours ago)

david A garcia @ #46188: The "-ville" group could also be a "fort" group. (1 day, 5 hours ago)

david A garcia @ #37879: It serves as the basis for "civic" and "level" to be red herrings. I wish "moron" was a palindrome. (1 day, 5 hours ago)

david A garcia @ #421: No, bear is not in the Chinese zodiac. "Hole" made me laugh out loud. I'm not an advocate of vulgarity for vulgarity's sake, but it's a part of language and shouldn't be excluded due to prudishness. (1 day, 6 hours ago)

david A garcia @ #38679: I would argue that Christmas is the ONLY thing that Yuletide is synonymous with. In what other context would it ever be used? (1 day, 6 hours ago)

dogma @ #48991: I was also tempted to use One instead of Locutus, but again, thought that too mean to use if people didn't have every episode of Voyager memorised. (1 day, 7 hours ago)

dogma @ #48991: I actually thought that Captain Mainwaring and Animal Farm were far more tenuous than Notre Dame (I nearly had Milan, instead of Notre Dame, as that was where he was crowned King of Italy, but I reckoned that was far too obscure). Originally, Captain Mainwaring was going to be Marengo, but then I thought that was too many directly related to the historical figure, rather than just the name. (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Fred Fish @ #48966: The numerical bands connections are not....connections? (1 day, 7 hours ago)

seb @ #48993: (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Fred Fish @ #48992: What's the point? (1 day, 8 hours ago)

jhope @ #48714: SonJonath, why is it necessary to be rude? Yes, this was an easy grid, but there's nothing wrong with that - it's good to have variety in the level of difficulty on this site so that everyone can play at the level that suits them. Just rate it as easy and move on, no need to leave a snotty comment. (1 day, 8 hours ago)

Joe @ #48990: Didn't like (1 day, 8 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #48991: Me: Locutus and 7, in that's obvious Also me... now where does Björn fit? Agree Notre Dame was a bit tenuous, but a good grid nonetheless (1 day, 8 hours ago)

dgms @ #48980: Grange Hill isn't on the Piccadilly Line, it's on the Central Line. (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Fred Fish @ #48990: Struggled with the crossovers and missed the WTP one altogether. (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Fred Fish @ #48991: Good all round grid. A couple of issues. Firstly, I think the Notre Dame link is a bit tenuous and secondly......you missed my favourite out by not including the wonderful Pat and Margaret :-) (1 day, 9 hours ago)

UStralian @ #48984: There were no dragons in the Lord of the rings. Tolkien is the only correct link (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Cajun @ #47959: the double letter category is really weak (1 day, 10 hours ago)

Maartjebabes @ #48983: Very angry with myself I didn't get the Shires. Great grid (1 day, 11 hours ago)

Sigi blom @ #48454: Sprich deutsch du hurensohn (1 day, 18 hours ago)

Brian Bronstein @ #32543: People at court is a better answer than people in a castle but was marked wrong (1 day, 19 hours ago)

Cajun @ #48162: nice red herrings. Well done (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Kev @ #48974: Who says that grids have to follow only one repetitious formula? (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Cajun @ #48984: Affa doesn't fit in that category. (1 day, 21 hours ago)

david A garcia @ #13419: Very good crossover work. Still amazed by the mouth-breathing whiners who don't know the definition or value of a red herring. Looking at you, Walton. (1 day, 21 hours ago)

rjj @ #48865: Very good! I especially like the space stuff because I had no clue. :) (1 day, 22 hours ago)

david A garcia @ #24987: Very good! Didn't mind the misspelling. The time I spent looking for other "shrimp" connections increased the challenge. (1 day, 22 hours ago)

david A garcia @ #48984: Adding -ire to affa gives you one french word among three english. Acqu would be better. Also "Tolkien" should have been accepted as it's a central character in The Hobbit but not so much in LOTR. (1 day, 22 hours ago)

Cat Stevens @ #37729: Too small to be any good. Impossible to see. Dont bother doing any more like this. (1 day, 23 hours ago)

Ade @ #48958: That was fun. Thank you (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Colin @ #48964: Great grid. I find this style of grid really fun, so thanks for making them. (2 days, 1 hour ago)

quodlibet @ #30746: Nice! (2 days, 4 hours ago)

fred@fish.com @ #48970: Sorry, took one look and decided not to have a go. Too parochial. (2 days, 4 hours ago)

fred@fish.com @ #48972: Too vague on end - your first MPs could also be female (Jackie Smith), your siblings one I don't get....they've all got the same surname so MPs is also a connection? The other two are too obscure to be connections. (2 days, 5 hours ago)

Gridlington @ #48974: fred@fish.com: Agreed! I was looking for Gary Cooper, James Dean, James Mason, Noel Coward...😄 (2 days, 5 hours ago)

david A garcia @ #45787: Thoughtful and well-done! (2 days, 5 hours ago)

david A garcia @ #28646: Synonyms for "posterior". Not a prude. I just think you should assume players have a decent-sized vocabulary. (2 days, 5 hours ago)

Ashely Cissell @ #32347: Hello YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS FOR YOUR: puzzgrid.com ? We Provide Website Traffic 100% safe for your site, from Search Engines or Social Media Sites from any country you want. With this traffic, you can boost ranking in SERP, SEO, profit from CPM CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST HERE=> ventfara@mail.com Thanks, Ashely Cissell (2 days, 5 hours ago)

pedant @ #48915: Buildings group should have allowed "places of worship"! :-) Otherwise a fun although easy grid. Thanks! (2 days, 6 hours ago)

POOKMAN6 @ #48820: Very enjoyable and tricky! 5* (2 days, 6 hours ago)

fred@fish.com @ #48973: Not sure if the fake "Green" connection was intended but it threw me off course for quite a while. (2 days, 8 hours ago)

fred@fish.com @ #48974: How a grid should be. Four different connections, a couple of red herrings and solvable to someone without a higher degree in a specific subject. (2 days, 8 hours ago)

fred@fish.com @ #48977: A Spanish grammatical connection......think we all found that rather easy....not. (2 days, 8 hours ago)

JackSlack @ #48933: @LordBread: This seems to happy to some people on picture grids. @Ggh: How are they different to you? At least to me, they're pronounced identically. (2 days, 13 hours ago)

Ellie @ #48973: Some nice diversions and I like that one of the answers was pot, which could have fit into one of the groups! (2 days, 14 hours ago)

Ellie @ #48961: Boo, I didn't get my floaty e-confetti because, apparently, relative doesn't count for family member. Neat grid though, some nice red herrings (2 days, 14 hours ago)

david A garcia @ #48961: "relative" should have worked (2 days, 15 hours ago)

Kazza K @ #48967: Excellent grid!! (2 days, 20 hours ago)

POOKMAN6 @ #48967: Loved it. Some serious processes of elimination and guesswork going on to solve it! Learnt a couple of new ones, TY 5* (2 days, 20 hours ago)

Dgms @ #48971: Emma Woodhouse is in Emma, a novel by Jane Austen. She's not from Bronte novel. (2 days, 20 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.