Comments about all grids

macabaret @ #40292: This has to be one of the hardest grids I played in a long time even though the answers are ridiculously easy. :D I am not sure if I should love or hate it, but it's very well done. (31 minutes ago)

dave @ #39679: idiot (1 hour, 31 minutes ago)

dave @ #39679: Pudding means dessert (1 hour, 32 minutes ago)

Nathaniel @ #40076: @SonJonath thanks for the comments, this was my first puzzle so I wasn’t quite sure how to go about filling in the answering key words. Your input was helpful for going forward (2 hours, 3 minutes ago)

MC @ #40262: Very well thought out with neat overlaps and deliberate confusions! Very clever. And I never knew AH was from Belgium! (2 hours, 5 minutes ago)

MC @ #33491: I think one 'contains other words' set per grid is fine but not more than one. Makes solving v difficult but not in a good way. (2 hours, 12 minutes ago)

MC @ #12552: I think they are homophones (sound alike) not homonym (same spelling). A very good grid. 'One eye' is a great theme for a set! Some great overlaps too. (2 hours, 19 minutes ago)

MC @ #16584: Some nice theme ideas but a tough challenge. I've never heard of 'pot' with that meaning. Never heard of a 'caesar' hair cut. (2 hours, 25 minutes ago)

MC @ #1396: A good grid! A nice range of themes with good overlaps and red herrings. (2 hours, 32 minutes ago)

Daftquiz @ #40269: Really enjoyed that. Nice one (2 hours, 45 minutes ago)

Alien DNA @ #40283: *For animal lovers - and expecting screams of outrage! (3 hours, 12 minutes ago)

jollycorpse @ #40258: @ Rob – thanks for picking that up. It really should have been ‘tycoon’ anyway, I suspect ‘tsunami’ subliminally distracted me. Corrected now. (3 hours, 18 minutes ago)

Bob S @ #40269: Top gridding! (3 hours, 38 minutes ago)

HippyHoppy @ #40244: Nice grid. (And educational. I had to google to find out that although Franz Kafka was Czech he was a German speaker and wrote "The Trial" in German. Thanks.) (6 hours, 23 minutes ago)

Alien DNA @ #40144: Like it, especially Das! Wall a bit dodgy. (6 hours, 37 minutes ago)

SF7 @ #40215: A bit misleading as there is no country called Congo. There is the DRC and the Republic of the Congo. But the Congo is merely a river (6 hours, 56 minutes ago)

Alessandro @ #40144: Nice grid, but tough in places. I'd say that one of the football teams needs the word united after it though to be fair (7 hours ago)

Rob @ #40168: Fun grid! Check spelling of friends' character - its confusing (7 hours, 9 minutes ago)

MC @ #30437: One set is very culturally determined. Can't be guessed unless you're from a particular country and follow a particular sport. Otherwise, good. (7 hours, 15 minutes ago)

Rob @ #40175: Nice grid! (7 hours, 18 minutes ago)

Rob @ #40258: Tough grid. By the way, typhoon is not of Japanese origin. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon (7 hours, 22 minutes ago)

MC @ #40042: Very good. Nice construction. (7 hours, 23 minutes ago)

MC @ #40251: At least one set called for highly specialised info that I don't think falls within 'general knowldge'. But a nice range of themes. (7 hours, 27 minutes ago)

MC @ #40237: A nice grid. A good range of ideas and themes. (7 hours, 31 minutes ago)

Alien DNA @ #40262: Dang. I was going to do one on famous Bs. Haven't watched BBT so 2 lines were easy and 2 impossible. (7 hours, 38 minutes ago)

Danimal @ #40254: Trans is a slight fudge but apart from that, great grid (7 hours, 53 minutes ago)

VCM @ #40258: Didn't get the CVD but enjoyed it (8 hours, 18 minutes ago)

MC @ #40259: 'Funny words' is not a theme. The set of titles is easy to guess even if you know nothing about them because they're the only clues in quotes. Two of the sets are based on names, which doesn't make for a good grid because you just either know the names and their connection or you don't. There's no idea or concept or theme to deduce. (8 hours, 18 minutes ago)

MC @ #40247: I think needing to know the Latin names for something AND there being letters removed is a bit too abstruse, even for Puzz Grid. Either one of those devices on their own would be OK, but both together? Not really fair to the solver. (8 hours, 28 minutes ago)

TR6 @ #40245: Thankyou for the "tedious" laugh! (8 hours, 34 minutes ago)

MC @ #40243: Not good. You don't mean 'preceded' by book, you mean 'followed by'. Three of the sets are just people's names, which doesn't make for a good grid. You either know who they are or you don't. It's better when you're trying to spot themes or conceptual connections, not just knowing someone's name. (8 hours, 38 minutes ago)

TR6 @ #40262: Hello Freddgar, I was feeling generous! :-) (8 hours, 40 minutes ago)

daftquiz @ #40245: Yeah, probably fair enough. I mean The Beatles and The Who never really got a lot of exposure tbh (8 hours, 42 minutes ago)

TR6 @ #40258: I went for the "easier" of the two versions and completed the wall (8 hours, 42 minutes ago)

Freddgar @ #40262: I put Dutch for the Belgian line, got marked correct ! (8 hours, 43 minutes ago)

daftquiz @ #40254: Top notch, very enjoyable (8 hours, 47 minutes ago)

MC @ #40245: Not a good grid. The sets require solver to know a lot of highly specific details that can't possibly be regarded as 'general knowledge' . (8 hours, 50 minutes ago)

jollycorpse @ #40258: Accidentally refreshed the webpage and submitted this grid twice. Apologies. (8 hours, 57 minutes ago)

TR6 @ #40215: Nice (9 hours, 31 minutes ago)

TR6 @ #40202: Beautiful 5* ty (9 hours, 35 minutes ago)

TR6 @ #40231: LOL J, JB not the easy one, like Alien DNA said "nice to see this sort of thing again" :-] (9 hours, 53 minutes ago)

Mr Picky @ #40208: 'Trap' should be 'A trap'. (9 hours, 58 minutes ago)

Gary Parker @ #40251: Apollo not roman god guy (10 hours, 3 minutes ago)

Alien DNA @ #40247: Really liked that, but the roman line was a bit too cheeky for 5* (10 hours, 27 minutes ago)

Matty Mungbean @ #40249: Didnt except spots or stripes (11 hours, 1 minute ago)

heidi allen @ #39879: this was easy to group the words but difficult when had to do the meanings (11 hours, 12 minutes ago)

Mr Picky @ #40204: The method is nice but almost obvious. (11 hours, 18 minutes ago)

Rob @ #30982: Nice grid! Hard at the start but it all came together (11 hours, 37 minutes ago)

Jmelb[*] @ #40247: Nice (12 hours, 26 minutes ago)

Alien DNA @ #40241: I quite liked this. I only scored 2 pts, but thought of some of the other connections without being able to complete lines. A couple of minor gripes: it would have been better if the Springboks line were either all plural or all singular.; the TC line could easily have other answers eg just big c. (13 hours, 16 minutes ago)

Jmelb[*] @ #40231: Thought JB might have been the easy one! (13 hours, 18 minutes ago)

Alien DNA @ #40231: Nice to see this sort of thing again, but I don't know as much as I though I knew. KH of course, and 2 of the other connections but could only find 3 for those. JB passed me by completely. (13 hours, 29 minutes ago)

Horatio @ #40241: Thanks so much for taking the time to build and post a grid, but this grid is absolutely ridiculous! How can anyone who doesn't have the answers in front of them differentiate between the groups. I think you must consider how someone approaches your grids cold, what are the hooks, are there limited links to be made to help the solver. In three minutes it is not possible to solve this grid, it is just a random collection of animals, and none of the actual links (country, continent, philum, species) are applicable. (13 hours, 41 minutes ago)

Jim @ #40237: Excellent puzzle,no specialist knowledge needed. Thanks (13 hours, 56 minutes ago)

Tom @ #10273: Excellent, Queen’s Corgis made my quiz day (13 hours, 59 minutes ago)

Jmelb[*] @ #40164: Sorry everyone! (15 hours, 37 minutes ago)

RegularQuizzer @ #40164: not working , most annoying. (15 hours, 55 minutes ago)

Jmelb[*] @ #40231: For film buffs - second attempt - hope the glitch is sorted. (17 hours, 12 minutes ago)

Jmelb[*] @ #40230: SORRY! THIS SEEMS TO BE GLITCHING. I WILL TRY REPOSTING IN A WHILE. (18 hours, 39 minutes ago)

Jmelb[*] @ #40230: ** This is just for film buffs** (18 hours, 43 minutes ago)

Kim W @ #40217: Puzzle won't accept 'American' for the 'Americans' grid - might be worth editing it to allow for this. Also the nations/shins link isn't great - they don't sound alike at all (I worked out the other 3) (18 hours, 44 minutes ago)

L.a @ #15868: Fantastic (21 hours, 23 minutes ago)

L.a @ #3: Very difficult for the dim witted like me (21 hours, 36 minutes ago)

L.a @ #44: I should've got one but apparently I can't spell anagrams haha, overall very good wall, a few red herrings (21 hours, 41 minutes ago)

L.a @ #98: Fantastic, night time clue really caught me put (21 hours, 45 minutes ago)

Si @ #181: First category I type beans, it wants bean. Second category I type cup and it wants beans. I give up (22 hours, 56 minutes ago)

DDDDDDDDeeeeee @ #40128: the spice girls one is a lot but the rolls was great! (22 hours, 58 minutes ago)

Omegaman @ #38987: Today wouldn’t mean now if said in the morning. Very soon is more appropriate. (23 hours, 40 minutes ago)

Si @ #171: Micro, Am not given as correct answers. (1 day ago)

Alien DNA @ #40204: Brilliant! Took most of my time to get the concept, then raced through to completion with 15s left. A very satisfying 10. (1 day ago)

Alien DNA @ #40194: Afraid I have to agree. I enjoy football and I enjoy numbers, but these are so obscure. The 2012 line wasn't too bad because it had a kind of hook and the maxima was possible (although I missed it), but I'm not sure even GL would have got the other two! (1 day ago)

HMFC @ #40194: There is a fine line between fiendish and impossible and you my friend took a running jump whilst skipping over it. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Deb @ #40166: Gr +ow, T+ow etc. also works. I'm pretty sure there are others that work as well. (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Alien DNA @ #40207: Sure you put the right flag on this? (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Alien DNA @ #40147: 2 Melts do not make a right. (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Alien DNA @ #40173: Don't understand why this has been marked down. Perfectly OK grid. I only got 5 but enjoyed it. I gave 5 stars to try to make it visible again. (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Alien DNA @ #40205: Agreed, excellent grid, nice mix of subjects and some confounding crossovers meant I barely had time to finish, but a pleasing 10. (1 day, 4 hours ago)

TypeB @ #40176: Edited, thanks: the answer shouldn't have said 'Atomic'. (1 day, 5 hours ago)

David Cole @ #40205: Excellent grid. I only managed 3/10! (1 day, 5 hours ago)

SF7 @ #40176: Personally, I'm not sure I would have a category with three hidden words and one unhidden? There needs to be a theme. (1 day, 7 hours ago)

HippyHoppy @ #40193: Excellent grid! Made for world travellers! (I did very badly, got 0/10.) (1 day, 8 hours ago)

HippyHoppy @ #40176: Great grid. Ty! (1 day, 8 hours ago)

VCM @ #40176: enjoyed it! (1 day, 8 hours ago)

daftquiz @ #40177: So good...got nowhere near and thoroughly enjoyed it (1 day, 10 hours ago)

Alien DNA @ #40171: Failed but joyously, not miserably. Spent far too long looking for US states and tried every combination except the correct one for the els. Excellent. (1 day, 10 hours ago)

Si @ #40165: Depression type? (1 day, 12 hours ago)

Jmelb[*] @ #40171: Clever (1 day, 13 hours ago)

Jmelb[*] @ #40164: Just tried it and it seemed to work - sorry I know that is annoying. (1 day, 13 hours ago)

Alien DNA @ #40168: Are you HippyHoppy in disguise? 6/10 I didn't get on with the affectionate furries, but guesswork solved the wall. (1 day, 14 hours ago)

Alien DNA @ #40164: Correction - only seems to be the housewife one - or possibly only incorrect or blank answers, (1 day, 14 hours ago)

Alien DNA @ #40164: I remember it, so could almost solve it, but not a good subject for me. Great idea though. Is it working alright? I keep getting stuck - have tried 3 times - the connections are OK and so are the first two explanations, but I keep getting stuck on the 3rd, so haven't been able to award 5* (1 day, 14 hours ago)

HippyHoppy @ #40094: Great grid! Tough but rewarding! (1 day, 15 hours ago)

bloss @ #40164: Love it! (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Jmelb[*] @ #40088: Liked the poetic theme (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Jmelb[*] @ #40164: **For those with good memories, I posted this quite a while ago, so thought I would dusted it off and give it another go : ) (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Michael @ #40150: Sorry, if you're not in a very specific play-reading group this isn't going to make any sense to you. (1 day, 23 hours ago)

Faragnikov @ #40048: Out means out (1 day, 23 hours ago)

Jmelb[*] @ #40138: : ) (1 day, 23 hours ago)

Gavin @ #40092: You're 'avin' a bubble, mate! (1 day, 23 hours ago)

Gavin @ #40132: Make Puzzgrid Great Again! (2 days ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.