Comments about all grids

Gha @ #46455: Try checking your spam folder (22 minutes ago)

RegularQuizzer @ #46493: deborah who? what is icarly? (49 minutes ago)

JMT @ #46509: I liked it (1 hour, 18 minutes ago)

RegularQuizzer @ #46493: deborah who? what is icarly? (1 hour, 26 minutes ago)

JerseySue @ #46489: Enjoyed this but the Bowie group could also be punctuation. (2 hours, 8 minutes ago)

Simen @ #46511: 10/10 (3 hours, 32 minutes ago)

Boris&Doris @ #35781: Ducky here (where else!). Is this change enough for you? I'm flying blind and am obviously the Forrest Gump of cryptic at the best of times. Dearest setters, you must make your own decisions. I'm really not sure at this point how it will pan out if we go back to normal, but we can see. Speak plainly if you want to. (3 hours, 50 minutes ago)

Scoobydont @ #46487: Good One (7 hours, 5 minutes ago)

JMT @ #46496: Well done (8 hours, 8 minutes ago)

Antony Smith @ #28752: I liked it though, i put Laurel Canyon for the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young one, i was nearly there. (11 hours, 3 minutes ago)

Antony @ #28752: Punchlines to common puns ? I am probably being thick, but i don't get it. (11 hours, 5 minutes ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46503: Très bien! (11 hours, 36 minutes ago)

ben @ #38526: "currencies" not accepted. it's probably the best answer so i'll leave a comment (12 hours, 13 minutes ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46489: 1st row doesn't make sense. The David Bowie song is Suffragette City- Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am is by Dean Martin. I did like the palindrome clue, however. (12 hours, 36 minutes ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46493: (12 hours, 45 minutes ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46495: (12 hours, 50 minutes ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #37233: (12 hours, 52 minutes ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46500: (12 hours, 58 minutes ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46482: Nice grid. Ty for posting (13 hours, 6 minutes ago)

lols @ #38384: o comes before p in the alphabet!!! (14 hours, 2 minutes ago)

Jeannie Smith @ #46496: Most actresses these days seem to prefer to be known as actors, so female actors should be an acceptable answer. Otherwise great grid! (14 hours, 33 minutes ago)

George @ #46493: Thank you. Great grid! (15 hours, 4 minutes ago)

asp @ #46455: Kitty and Khitty, I know, and I apologize. For some reason I never got the link that lets me edit the grid, and I can't figure out how else to do so. Frustrating for me too. Thanks for playing! (15 hours, 14 minutes ago)

egerg @ #46407: Thanks. I had a quick google to see if they could be high-carb foods and a lot of places said yes - I'll add staple food as an option, that's a much better way of putting it. For the homophones all of them are if you pronounce them very English-ly; none of them are in a French accent. (15 hours, 52 minutes ago)

POOKMAN6 @ #46484: Founded me too! But learned something new about a spy... good grid ty (16 hours, 37 minutes ago)

HippyHoppy @ #46482: Nice grid. Ty for posting (16 hours, 45 minutes ago)

POOKMAN6 @ #46486: Great ty. The migraine group is super, and aptly named! (16 hours, 49 minutes ago)

Khitty @ #46455: I'm gonna give another vote for accepting the abbreviations without the full stops. (17 hours, 6 minutes ago)

Khitty @ #46393: Remy's a rat, not a mouse. Good grid otherwise, though. (17 hours, 14 minutes ago)

HippyHoppy @ #46233: Good grid. Ty (19 hours, 12 minutes ago)

srnka @ #46440: A fairly meh wall. The author should have gone for the more specific group with Henry (possibly replacing Breville by Dyson, e.g.) and/or still accept the more specific meaning as Breville does make hand-held vacuums. The UK and US groups felt a bit too arbitrary. In general, having to make two separate distinctions "group A but only these" and "group B but only those" for two overlapping groups will usually lead to poor results. (20 hours, 4 minutes ago)

Stuart Pecksen @ #46431: Ah you got me good with this one. Well played! (20 hours, 41 minutes ago)

Dan @ #46490: Not great. Massive overlap between the categories means multiple possible solutions, so just guesswork (21 hours, 12 minutes ago)

Roy @ #46490: clever (21 hours, 23 minutes ago)

jemma @ #46440: fab - greatly appreciate the detail in that it was names used twice! (21 hours, 52 minutes ago)

jemma @ #46233: brilliant - never even heard of the musicians of bremen! (21 hours, 58 minutes ago)

jemma @ #46486: very tricksy and clever! (22 hours, 2 minutes ago)

jemma @ #46489: loved this - very clever! maybe change the connection for wham group to include dean martin (although you may have done this, might have spelt it wrong!) (22 hours, 10 minutes ago)

kitty @ #46455: Didn't accept Mr, Mrs or Ms without the full stop/period (22 hours, 56 minutes ago)

Aetees @ #46440: Up to your usual standard, which is to say very good. (23 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Lawrie Smith @ #46489: The song is Suffragette City. (23 hours, 34 minutes ago)

David @ #46487: Good fun, thanks. I was stymied by not knowing something was an animal as well as a type of drum. (23 hours, 55 minutes ago)

David @ #46233: Great fun, thank you (1 day ago)

Robert Pringle @ #46368: Nice but how is Zoo a pet shop? (1 day ago)

Oz @ #46478: Oops again! (1 day ago)

David @ #46440: Nice grid, thanks. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

JMT @ #46486: Enjoyed TY (1 day, 1 hour ago)

paul @ #46478: Great work! (although the governors are also streets in sydney CBD) (1 day, 1 hour ago)

paul @ #46480: At least two interchangeable answers. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Pamela Douglas @ #46473: Impossible for us Brits (1 day, 1 hour ago)

CoolBar06 @ #46486: Grrr! Chemistry wd ty (1 day, 1 hour ago)

CoolBar06 @ #46484: was "founded" or "fused" "grats" to you (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Motz @ #46455: What an absolute delight. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Motz @ #46466: Really fun overall premise! You might want to include the name of the book as well as the movie. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Motz @ #46233: This brought me so much joy. I love that place very much, so this was an unexpected treat. (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Epifania Westall @ #32347: Greetings! Incredibly practical guidance in just this post! It’s the very little adjustments which can make the largest alterations. Thanks for sharing! check my blog (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Oz @ #46478: Oops, should spell Phillip. Can't change as link no longer comes through to email } : ( (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #31367: Scampi, calm down and be polite. It was better than "O.K." Lucy, this was a fantastic grid- my one point of contest would be the disallowing of 'Fart' as an acceptable answer for the third row :D Other than that, keep up the good work. I think you're doing a fine job. (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46425: TIT NOT ACCEPTED! VERY UPSET! I AM IMPARTIAL TOWARDS TITS IN GENERAL, BUT THEY SHOULD BE ACCEPTED IN OUT SOCIETY! Also, which one is the rabbit? (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46470: :( (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46468: :( (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Billy No Mates @ #46475: First attempt at making a grid (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Mike Sadka @ #44586: Brownlow is from Oliver Twist - not David Copperfield :) (1 day, 11 hours ago)

Omegaman @ #46440: I think the home appliance description needs widening. I put electrical goods brands so mentally gave myself the point (1 day, 11 hours ago)

Omegaman @ #46425: Finch works in the singular but not tit. Also raptors should be ok for birds of prey. Good grid though. (1 day, 12 hours ago)

Cajun @ #46474: Welcome all feedback (1 day, 12 hours ago)

Cajun @ #46473: 2nd grid .... welcome all feedback (1 day, 12 hours ago)

Cajun @ #46472: This is my first grid.... any suggestions greatly appreciated (1 day, 12 hours ago)

Tom @ #27367: (1 day, 12 hours ago)

Tom @ #27367: Outdtanding, as usual (1 day, 12 hours ago)

J Hird-Evans @ #46419: Cool. I learned something! (1 day, 16 hours ago)

J Hird-Evans @ #46414: That was fun! (1 day, 16 hours ago)

SeedyEm @ #46413: Really nice grid although (correct me if I'm wrong...) but Seville and Valencia are interchangeable so there is not a unique solution. Enjoyed it anyway! :D (1 day, 18 hours ago)

Joe @ #46452: Corona and Reluctance are not basic electrical terms. Not good. (1 day, 19 hours ago)

good @ #46414: interesting grid. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

good @ #46414: (1 day, 20 hours ago)

paul @ #46432: Saxophone. Charles 1st or Charles I. Goldie Hawn? (1 day, 23 hours ago)

christo @ #46425: Great puzzle, not too difficult if you are a bird watcher. (2 days ago)

verasteine @ #46418: The heteronyms took me a while, nice challenge! (2 days, 1 hour ago)

verasteine @ #46414: Pity "fats" wasn't accepted as an answer for the cooking group, but nice grid! (2 days, 1 hour ago)

verasteine @ #46413: Loved all the red herrings, nice grid! (2 days, 1 hour ago)

JerseySue @ #46380: Thank you - enjoyed this but it didn't accept 'dog'. (2 days, 2 hours ago)

JerseySue @ #46425: Thanks, OSW. Great puzzle to start the week with. 'Tit' not accepted, though! (2 days, 2 hours ago)

Stephen A. Smith @ #46413: what's going on in these comments? (2 days, 4 hours ago)

Scoobydont @ #46421: ..... as can ‘let’, i.e. a tenancy let or a let in tennis but nonetheless good interchangeable grid :-) (2 days, 6 hours ago)

CoolBar06 @ #46419: 7/10 and God bless the non-heathens for knowing how to shpell the uisce beatha :-) and God bless St Patrick for £5 on Alatar @ 42/1 in the 17:10 at Ipswich AUS :-o (2 days, 6 hours ago)

Holy Crow @ #46418: @Cajun Relay as in a race has a different pronunciation than to relay a message. There is also relay as in to relay tile which is a different pronunciation from the other two as well. This one is definitely trickier than the others because the difference is what part of the word is emphasized. (2 days, 7 hours ago)

DH @ #46419: Nice one (2 days, 8 hours ago)

Cajun @ #45461: The largest city in Kansas is not Kansas City.... and city is not an acceptable answer. The GA/VA/NC/MD group are also orignial 13 colonies (2 days, 8 hours ago)

Cajun @ #46418: How is relay a heteronym? Whether you relay a message, run a race or work in electronics.... relay is relay (2 days, 9 hours ago)

bloss @ #46404: good one! (2 days, 9 hours ago)

JMT @ #46417: Made me think, very OC. TY (2 days, 10 hours ago)

ro @ #46362: Add in some more red herrings - the elements and tube stations were super obvious. Slides works for Google products, but you need lots of category overlap! (2 days, 10 hours ago)

bloss @ #46421: grant can be swapped with permit (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Dogms @ #46407: Lentils and Quinoa aren't known as starchy foods - they're higher protein than many other staple foods, but staple foods wasn't accepted as a link. Cat isn't a homophone for quatre. That said, I found all the groups in under two minutes, and the only connection I wasn't given was the food group ( which was the first group I sorted from the grid). (2 days, 11 hours ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46401: ditto that Tonail (2 days, 11 hours ago)

Omegaman @ #46414: Good grid but maybe widen the answers. I used cooker instead of stove so got it wrong. (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46404: Which one's the rabbit? (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46406: Very enjoyable, but I don't think this would class as 'Hard' Fantastic work as usual, Egerg! Big fan of your work! (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Jean-Luc Lumiere @ #46407: The French connection! Oh what a joy! Very well done egerg! Tre Bien! (2 days, 12 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.