Comments about all grids

chris @ #23292: good. different grid (50 minutes ago)

chris @ #23294: Excellent, intelligent grid (55 minutes ago)

mal @ #23296: anise flower ( not anis) (1 hour, 45 minutes ago)

mal @ #23291: fun (1 hour, 47 minutes ago)

noodles @ #23296: Liking the Harry Potter representation here! Though I must admit I was sadly stumped as I couldn't find the right combination! Really enjoyed trying though :-) (1 hour, 48 minutes ago)

noodles @ #23297: Really enjoyed this one, but totally stumped by the anagrams! D'oh! (1 hour, 50 minutes ago)

papier @ #23250: Top grid (3 hours, 28 minutes ago)

Bitsy @ #23259: What's the connection with the surnames group? Surely not that they just have biblical first names? (4 hours, 1 minute ago)

Rubberlisa @ #23286: Pubs in Oxford? Rachel who? Aviation cocktail? (5 hours, 7 minutes ago)

Virapondus @ #2053: Did not accept "famous whisky brands" - maybe because of the spelling of whisky? Although Jim Beam, as a Kentucky bourbon, would have an "e", the others are Scotch and therefore would not. (5 hours, 46 minutes ago)

Mouse (D.P.) @ #23289: Got stuck looking for mushrooms!!!. (6 hours, 10 minutes ago)

Matty Mungbean @ #23286: Hard, but then again if you've never been to Oxford it would be (6 hours, 47 minutes ago)

Bagsy33 @ #3712: Good that the lux group accepted energy measurements - nice grid (7 hours, 13 minutes ago)

Cazlyn @ #22400: 3 out of 4 ain't bad. Passive opposite of hot ???? (8 hours, 9 minutes ago)

Cazlyn @ #22414: two right two wrong Should have spotted the chemical symbols Duh!! (8 hours, 20 minutes ago)

Kingplace @ #14141: I have never seen a single game of cricket, so that was the only connection I didn't get... (8 hours, 24 minutes ago)

Cazlyn @ #22426: very easy. Pernickerty If you meant Dalmatians they are black and white dogs!. (8 hours, 28 minutes ago)

Cazlyn @ #22427: Caught out by the French Clue ! But a good effort (8 hours, 40 minutes ago)

Matty Mungbean @ #23289: Good fun grid, don't have a clue who Honey Boo Boo or Honey Dijon are (8 hours, 45 minutes ago)

Widger @ #23292: Hard but good. Excellent red herrings. (8 hours, 53 minutes ago)

Matty Mungbean @ #23294: Fun grid, I get the Western Movies but not really having it IMO (8 hours, 54 minutes ago)

maileg @ #21559: good (9 hours, 59 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #23288: Glad you liked it. Bwahahahaha (10 hours, 42 minutes ago)

J @ #23290: The names category is going to age badly. (10 hours, 55 minutes ago)

Alij5 @ #23274: @neilb4god: Didn't know that about nits versus eggs - you learn something everyday! And @Dan: yes I blatantly stole it, but it was a great set and I hope imitation is the best form of flattery. (11 hours, 1 minute ago)

Puzzled @ #23272: It's Scrooge, not "Scrouge". (15 hours, 2 minutes ago)

Idaho Poppington @ #23288: Great grid! I was about to grumble that we had yet another puzzle with "words that sound like letters" as an answer but you'd been cleverer than that! (18 hours, 22 minutes ago)

Gavin @ #23208: When the penny drops, it's a glorious moment! Nice work. (18 hours, 42 minutes ago)

Smolenskoy @ #23263: Dear Tiger Lily, your puzzgrids are amazing but so difficult for the average puzzgrider. Please create some which are a little easier and more enjoyable for the numpties like me (19 hours, 4 minutes ago)

Gavin @ #23219: Gutted that Burgess Hill wasn't correct! :D (19 hours, 5 minutes ago)

Smolenskoy @ #23266: The most difficult puzzgrid yet. Couldn't find the connections even when the rows were sorted. Interesting to hear if anyone got more than a couple of points for this one. (19 hours, 24 minutes ago)

Boscar @ #23240: Really enjoyed this. The capitals especially tripped me up for a while. (19 hours, 28 minutes ago)

mal @ #17442: WHAT WHY (19 hours, 39 minutes ago)

Boscar @ #23206: I believe people learn from their mistakes. Clearly we're both capable of errors of judgment. (but at least there's the irony in my last post to enjoy). (19 hours, 41 minutes ago)

mal @ #17456: fun (19 hours, 54 minutes ago)

mal @ #23285: Needs FAR too specific answers (20 hours, 9 minutes ago)

Puzzled @ #23276: What did Amelia Earhart explore then? Absolutely nothing. She was an aviation pioneer. (20 hours, 25 minutes ago)

Matt @ #23288: Red herrings threw me off bad. Spent way too long clicking all the different letter homophones and it wasn't even a group lol (20 hours, 26 minutes ago)

ER @ #23206: Boscar, see below. I believe I have been sufficiently scolded for my transgression now, thank you. (20 hours, 47 minutes ago)

mal @ #23264: too many variables and potential answers (21 hours, 19 minutes ago)

neilb4god @ #23274: Thought colander was a great inclusion. Minor pedantic remark: nits are eggs, not the lice themselves. Certainly didn't ruin an otherwise very enjoyable grid (22 hours, 19 minutes ago)

Cedric @ #17246: Good grid (1 day ago)

Cedric @ #17249: Enjoyable Grid (1 day ago)

Alij5 @ #23279: Liked it! (1 day ago)

Alij5 @ #23276: I just checked and turns out we are both wrong! It's spelled Amelia Earhart. (1 day ago)

Alij5 @ #23275: Drag resistance is what engineers try to do when they are designing cars and stuff, to make them go faster. Drag race is two cars in a line seeing who is faster. Drag n'drop is what you do with an icon on a computer, for example, when you move something to the trash. Drag suit is something swimmers wear while training, usually a ripped old bathing suit, to make them work harder. A race in a tight suit seems easy by comparison! (I admit this is a bit of a stretch but it was designed for my swimming-crazy family) (1 day ago)

ER @ #23284: Nice one! (1 day ago)

ER @ #23283: Nice one! (1 day ago)

Gfg @ #23282: Amazing (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Nick @ #23276: Earhardt - do you mean Amelia Earheart? (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Boscar @ #23206: Yet another error in a grids (which really, really need checking before posting): Dover is the capital of Delaware, not Wilmington. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Smudge @ #11262: Excellent grid. For those who don’t watch the wire - it’s the greatest. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Dan @ #23274: Had the same thing as the other player. Great wall though (1 day, 5 hours ago)

noodles @ #23274: Didn't accept curtain for some reason but other than that a great wall, was pretty stumped! Good job:-) (1 day, 6 hours ago)

chris @ #23275: don't get the drag clue (1 day, 6 hours ago)

CT @ #15590: Nice! (1 day, 6 hours ago)

noodles @ #23276: Enjoyable grid, good job! :-) (1 day, 6 hours ago)

CT @ #23275: You know a good grid when you groan at the answer! :) (1 day, 6 hours ago)

qweqwee @ #23268: 1st one should allow "a song of ice and fire"... (1 day, 6 hours ago)

CT @ #23267: Nice! (1 day, 6 hours ago)

CT @ #23259: Even with the answers, I don’t get the last one! (1 day, 6 hours ago)

jammydodger @ #22042: Good grid Piglet. I like a bit of toilet humour. Much love, Winnie (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Moosey @ #226: You spell very poorly and the player is penalised for spelling correctly? And what is "beach wood"? (1 day, 10 hours ago)

chris b @ #23258: a bit too easy (1 day, 11 hours ago)

chris b @ #23260: v nice! (1 day, 11 hours ago)

L @ #23268: You're right that S isn't a standard Roman numeral. It is known as a semis and denotes 6/12 or one half in their fraction system. (1 day, 13 hours ago)

Bettlejus @ #23190: Watercourses and black were the first two I found. (1 day, 18 hours ago)

ER @ #23268: S is not a Roman numeral. Otherwise, nice grid. (1 day, 18 hours ago)

Bettlejus @ #23174: Sting was my undoing. (finally noticed it wasn't part of the singers group and convinced myself it must be with the swords, without noticing the double red hearing) (1 day, 18 hours ago)

Alabast @ #23173: I believe the Nike logo is officially called "The Swoosh". However, I agree with the other criticisms - the connections are far too messy, mixing anagrams, synonyms, and associations. (Though, I don't think it was THAT hard). (1 day, 18 hours ago)

bloss @ #23255: Great grid! (1 day, 19 hours ago)

bloss @ #23262: Yay - graphic novels! (1 day, 19 hours ago)

Rosie @ #23217: Great crossovers on this grid (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Rosie @ #23258: Nice red herrings in here (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Rosie @ #23209: Unique grid idea (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Rosie @ #23209: (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Rosie @ #23209: Unique grid idea (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Rosie @ #23211: Lack of red herrings, far too easy. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Rosie @ #23255: As a novice to this game, i found this grid challenging with red herrings, but possible to solve and know the connections. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

ER @ #23255: Well thought-out grid! (1 day, 21 hours ago)

mal @ #17488: Ship ones are poor, wants two very diff answers for similar things (1 day, 22 hours ago)

mal @ #17497: VERY poor. Boxing isn't a martial art either (1 day, 22 hours ago)

ER @ #23246: Fun grid! Couldn't stop thinking of Jon Hamm even though I suspected it was something else... (1 day, 22 hours ago)

mal @ #17499: sci-fi! not si-fi (1 day, 22 hours ago)

ER @ #23258: Great grid! Tricky overlaps, lots of fun. (1 day, 22 hours ago)

mal @ #17508: Band Aid link is poor, rest was ok (1 day, 22 hours ago)

cmc62 @ #23259: I think this is a too specialist and not really ideal for a general audience. Sorry! (1 day, 22 hours ago)

Josie @ #23248: (1 day, 22 hours ago)

britman @ #23244: Great grid - good diversity of subjects and lots of red herrings. Took me a while but 10/10 in the end (1 day, 23 hours ago)

MEME @ #23253: Fun wall. I googled "nene" and got... /ˈneɪneɪ/ noun another term for Hawaiian goose. Pretty obscure! (1 day, 23 hours ago)

cmc62 @ #23258: This was fun! I'd heard of all the programming languages, so this was a bit easier for me, but this could be harder for others. I took a guess on the Indonesian islands, as it sounded like that's what they could be! (1 day, 23 hours ago)

a @ #23258: great quiz (1 day, 23 hours ago)

mal @ #23246: The answers required are FAR too specific (1 day, 23 hours ago)

PK @ #23232: Very tricky! Well done. (1 day, 23 hours ago)

PK @ #23256: Difficult but fun! (1 day, 23 hours ago)

Atticus @ #22800: 'Fruit' is a wrong answer? (1 day, 23 hours ago)

chris @ #23255: Sorry, low marks for celebs clue (2 days ago)

luskentyre @ #23255: Nice grid - lovely red herrings :-) (2 days, 2 hours ago)

ER @ #23242: Fun connections and good overlaps--well done! (2 days, 2 hours ago)

ER @ #23252: Excellent grid! Very challenging but everything made sense. (2 days, 3 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.