Comments

Ben Doon: Jimbo, how on earth do you know I have a speech impediment? I'm unable to pronounce 'f' or 'th'. You must be psychic and I can't say fairer than that. (2 years, 3 months ago)

Jim: I assumed you had some kind of speech impediment, like a Scottish accent or something. So where is it that they pronounce H as "itch" then? (2 years, 3 months ago)

Ben Doon: Jimbo! I agree entirely that 'Ben Doon' does not sound like 'bend down' and did not suggest it does. So, how on earth have you come to make that entirely spurious connection? Come on, you old rascal, come clean - you think it does, don't you? (2 years, 3 months ago)

toast: It was a bit of fun quite well put together and it has created a bit of interest. We're all winners!
(2 years, 3 months ago)

Ali: Didn't like the homophones group but the Hazard group was very clever! (2 years, 3 months ago)

Jim: I haven't looked at your video because it's not a link but ok I understand it's a French town, fair enough. Still H is absolutely never pronounced "itch", and Ben Doon doesn't sound like "bend down" either. (2 years, 3 months ago)

Ben Doon: Have a listen to this 'ridiculous' French accent, Jim:

(2 years, 3 months ago)

Jim: "Aix" is not pronounced the same as "eks" though.

Scottish people should never do homophones because their accent is ridiculous. (2 years, 3 months ago)

darto: sorry but homophones just not right. rest of it very clever (2 years, 3 months ago)

Ben Doon: I accept, Jim, that 'H' may also be pronounced 'aitch' but 'Aix' (pronounced 'eks') is incontrovertible. (2 years, 3 months ago)

Jim: Itch and aix are certainly not homophones of H and X. (2 years, 3 months ago)

Oddball: Ingenious indeed! Quality red herrings! (2 years, 3 months ago)