Comments

Blues: Toast, NL how fortunate that I have un-predictive text!
(1 year, 6 months ago)

NL YCN N CT: *RX8, not MX8! Still haven't overcome these damned predictive text issues ;) (1 year, 7 months ago)

NL YCN N CT: @Toast... Lol! Thought it was supposed to be "wankel" (also had one in my Mazda MX8), although then it would no longer fit with actual group solution, but just act as a red herring! (1 year, 7 months ago)

toast: Welcome back NL. I think it should be Wankel not Wankle and that the VW beetle had them. You got off lightly with 'I'm "considering what predictive text could do with Wankel. (1 year, 7 months ago)

NL YCN N CT: @Fry up... In my first comment "*I'm* my copy of..." - not in the grid itself... Was chastising myself, not Blues! ;) (1 year, 7 months ago)

Fry up: Where is the I'm that should be an in?.. (1 year, 7 months ago)

NL YCN N CT: And *last, not late! Only one day in and already my brain is addled by (or at least significantly confused) by the lack of sleep / change of routine (or perhaps a fundamental lack of alcohol in my system - well at least I can remedy one of the options... Cheers!) (1 year, 7 months ago)

NL YCN N CT: *in, not I'm... Damn predictive text! (1 year, 7 months ago)

NL YCN N CT: Most enjoyable (as to be expected from your fine self)... Solved the grid with time to spare but just could not for the life of me see the final connection (wankle group) so only 7/10 for me... However, having not managed to fully eschew all the traits (pedantry, hubris, conceit & oft contempt!) I displayed during my first tentative steps into the world of puzzgrid comments, I'd have to say "wankle" isn't actually a word, at least not I'm my copy of the OED!... Oh, and I'd come so far since those days ;) Hope all's well and keep up the good work...
P.S. Enjoy the Ashes, could be closer than expected on late night's evidence (here's hoping!) (1 year, 7 months ago)

Blues: Cheers Hotspur62.
Jimmy Greaves, Danny Blanchflower, Bobby Smith... Top team. (1 year, 7 months ago)

Hotspur62: The first 5 star I have given. Excellent grid. Sadly I only got 2/10. :-( (1 year, 7 months ago)

Blues: Thank you chaps. (1 year, 7 months ago)

toast: Superb. Five stars all the way. (1 year, 7 months ago)

E.L. Wisty: Another triumph Blues, Well done. (1 year, 7 months ago)

Fridge: This puzzle was a can of Surströmming; as soon as I opened it it stank of herrings! Awesome job! (1 year, 7 months ago)

toeswest: Nice one! (1 year, 7 months ago)

4by4: Thanks for creating one that I have managed to complete first time for a change! But can we have some more of your "left of field" challenging puzzles please? (1 year, 7 months ago)

4by4: Only Me - you must be too young to have played with Meccano as a child! (1 year, 7 months ago)

Only Me: Very good and educational (Donkey Engine was new to me). (1 year, 7 months ago)

Jezebel: Nice one. I enjoyed the explanations as much as the grid! (1 year, 7 months ago)

bonehead: nice (1 year, 7 months ago)