Comments

Blues: Toast, NL how fortunate that I have un-predictive text!
(1 year ago)

NL YCN N CT: *RX8, not MX8! Still haven't overcome these damned predictive text issues ;) (1 year ago)

NL YCN N CT: @Toast... Lol! Thought it was supposed to be "wankel" (also had one in my Mazda MX8), although then it would no longer fit with actual group solution, but just act as a red herring! (1 year ago)

toast: Welcome back NL. I think it should be Wankel not Wankle and that the VW beetle had them. You got off lightly with 'I'm "considering what predictive text could do with Wankel. (1 year ago)

NL YCN N CT: @Fry up... In my first comment "*I'm* my copy of..." - not in the grid itself... Was chastising myself, not Blues! ;) (1 year ago)

Fry up: Where is the I'm that should be an in?.. (1 year ago)

NL YCN N CT: And *last, not late! Only one day in and already my brain is addled by (or at least significantly confused) by the lack of sleep / change of routine (or perhaps a fundamental lack of alcohol in my system - well at least I can remedy one of the options... Cheers!) (1 year ago)

NL YCN N CT: *in, not I'm... Damn predictive text! (1 year ago)

NL YCN N CT: Most enjoyable (as to be expected from your fine self)... Solved the grid with time to spare but just could not for the life of me see the final connection (wankle group) so only 7/10 for me... However, having not managed to fully eschew all the traits (pedantry, hubris, conceit & oft contempt!) I displayed during my first tentative steps into the world of puzzgrid comments, I'd have to say "wankle" isn't actually a word, at least not I'm my copy of the OED!... Oh, and I'd come so far since those days ;) Hope all's well and keep up the good work...
P.S. Enjoy the Ashes, could be closer than expected on late night's evidence (here's hoping!) (1 year ago)

Blues: Cheers Hotspur62.
Jimmy Greaves, Danny Blanchflower, Bobby Smith... Top team. (1 year ago)

Hotspur62: The first 5 star I have given. Excellent grid. Sadly I only got 2/10. :-( (1 year ago)

Blues: Thank you chaps. (1 year ago)

toast: Superb. Five stars all the way. (1 year ago)

E.L. Wisty: Another triumph Blues, Well done. (1 year ago)

Fridge: This puzzle was a can of Surströmming; as soon as I opened it it stank of herrings! Awesome job! (1 year ago)

toeswest: Nice one! (1 year ago)

4by4: Thanks for creating one that I have managed to complete first time for a change! But can we have some more of your "left of field" challenging puzzles please? (1 year ago)

4by4: Only Me - you must be too young to have played with Meccano as a child! (1 year ago)

Only Me: Very good and educational (Donkey Engine was new to me). (1 year ago)

Jezebel: Nice one. I enjoyed the explanations as much as the grid! (1 year ago)

bonehead: nice (1 year ago)