Comments

Alex: I think Claret has been imbibing his/her namesake. (1 year, 2 months ago)

Claret: Thanks for this Bleus. Just wanted some claretificaton. (1 year, 2 months ago)

Blues: Nicely raised point Claret, my guess is probably not but the words in question are agranams of each other not a single subject.
Would the collective noun for Claret be cartel?
A cartel of claret.... Need a glass of red now. (1 year, 2 months ago)

Claret: But can the anagram of a word be the word Itself? (1 year, 2 months ago)

Blues: Saxy: Thank you for the marvellous musical missive. When I wrote the grid (not wishing to blow my own trumpet, or...) I didn't even consider saxophones but now you mention it then it seems a plausible option although the solution is acceptable.
Sally: You are not incorrect, but surely that is what an anagram is?

More wine please vicar. (1 year, 2 months ago)

saxy: Types of saxophones should be an acceptable answer, as should vocal parts (more accurate than vocal range). Sax answer is better than the vocal one because standard SATB for vocal means soprano, alto, tenor, bass (not baritone), but the standard sax section in a big band is soprano, alto, tenor, baritone. (1 year, 2 months ago)

Sally: For the RATES question how can the answer they all use the same letters be incorrect?
Otherwise a good grid - thanks. (1 year, 5 months ago)

Mogster: Good effort Blues, Like the wine explanation. (1 year, 7 months ago)

Blues: we need a wine grid toast. Thank you for the feedback.
(1 year, 7 months ago)

toast: Funnily enough I was drinking wine by our church windows only this morning but I reckon they'd watered It down. Not like in the old days when I had to drain the chalice and sang louder on the way home than during the service. A very entertaining and informative grid. Thanks. (1 year, 7 months ago)

Blues: Kat you are probably correct but only because you enjoy Piña Colada and dancing in the rain.... Or something like that.
Anyway the solution is irrefutable or maybe saxophoable... ish
(1 year, 7 months ago)

Kat: Thanks, I enjoyed this quiz, but types of saxophone should be an acceptable answer for 'soprano', 'alto', 'tenor' and 'baritone' as well as vocal ranges :) (1 year, 7 months ago)

Bowie: Ish Goodsh. (1 year, 7 months ago)

Wiz: Good,Blues ...glad to hear that! NL YCN N CT...you too,and I see that you have no problem too in typing straight:)))) (1 year, 7 months ago)

smnindelica: good one - though I think it might be a bit over generous as I just guessed 'glass' for the wine one based on not much and got a point which I definitely didn't deserve ;) (1 year, 7 months ago)

Blues: I thank you.
I have quaffed in the fashion of a very thirsty man. (1 year, 7 months ago)

NL YCN N CT: Most enjoyable as ever Blues... Iechyd da, Proost, Salut, Sláinte, Noroc, Skål, Yammas... etc. ;) ...Wiz - already imbibed more than enough of my "Friday night tipple" methinks! (Obviously for me it's just a "Friday" thing, it's not like I've got a problem or anything... lol) (1 year, 7 months ago)

Jeff: Very good grid... I only got 2 connections (1 year, 7 months ago)

Wiz: Nice Friday grid! Enjoy your Friday night tipple.thankyou.. (1 year, 7 months ago)

K67: My knowledge has been expanded considerably!
(1 year, 7 months ago)