Comments about all grids

Andy P @ #14716: Interesting mix. I liked the things that were red. In fact that was the only one I scored points on. (2 hours, 26 minutes ago)

toast @ #14707: I liked the Hoover line. Can't recall coming across the idea being used before. (2 hours, 28 minutes ago)

FirstGofer @ #14714: 7/10. Who knew Brian Eno had so many names!! (4 hours, 13 minutes ago)

RossChris @ #14714: Got the groups but didn't get the Eno connection. Fair challenge. (5 hours, 2 minutes ago)

RossChris @ #14713: I guessed that was a typo. Got the groups and connections even though I was not familiar with Leon. Another fine grid; thank you. (5 hours, 7 minutes ago)

RossChris @ #14710: Didn't get the Mevio connection but found the group. Great grid, thank you. (5 hours, 11 minutes ago)

FirstGofer @ #14713: Massive apologies upfront for the typo - should read SLIM. I wish there was an edit function. (5 hours, 56 minutes ago)

Lebamski @ #14710: Some great crossovers. Simple but challenging. Thanks! (5 hours, 58 minutes ago)

koshatnik @ #14708: Two groups for me and two connections. A challenging grid thanks to the anagrams and the false Buffy group. Thanks! (6 hours, 28 minutes ago)

Red Salamander @ #14707: In what way does the word 'hoover' change its meaning when the first letter is capitalised? Anyway, I suspect that 'Hoover' should only ever be capitalised as technically it is a brandname! :-) (7 hours, 31 minutes ago)

FirstGofer @ #14710: Heard of Vimeo, but not Mevio. I'm old! (8 hours, 4 minutes ago)

FirstGofer @ #14709: Would have been easier if there had been 4 palindromes... River / revir. Otherwise a ok grid. Guessed the Franks tho... (8 hours, 10 minutes ago)

Tim @ #14702: Dr Oetker is misspelled. Good grid though, tough. (8 hours, 26 minutes ago)

Tim @ #14704: Didn’t accept ‘game’ for the the arcade connection, otherwise solid (8 hours, 35 minutes ago)

James @ #14709: Got there in the end, took me longer than it should have. (8 hours, 48 minutes ago)

John @ #14710: Not too difficult, enjoyable (8 hours, 50 minutes ago)

FirstGofer @ #14707: A good grid that would be improved by accepting synonyms as an answer. (9 hours, 2 minutes ago)

FirstGofer @ #14706: Such a coincidence... I was doing a grid with Ham/Apron/Shoe/Second. Great minds, and all that! Challenging grid... only 4/10 (9 hours, 7 minutes ago)

Bryan @ #8929: I like all your grids. Please keep submitting. (9 hours, 49 minutes ago)

Bryan @ #8932: Another challenging but doable grid. Nice crossovers, Thanks, Keep up the good work. (9 hours, 56 minutes ago)

Caz231231 @ #14691: Good grid, nice and simple. (10 hours, 4 minutes ago)

Bryan @ #8935: GOOD one. Nice balance of crossovers. (10 hours, 7 minutes ago)

RossChris @ #14708: Managed to get the groups but failed to identify two of the connections. A good challenge. (10 hours, 20 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #14706: +2 stars for actually writing a group I could get. -2 stars because I was halfway through putting it into my own grid... (11 hours, 10 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #14702: Well thats made me feel much better about my 1/10. (11 hours, 15 minutes ago)

joe @ #10738: got em all great grid (13 hours, 7 minutes ago)

RossChris @ #14707: Managed to solve this one within the time. Fair challenge. (18 hours ago)

Omegaman @ #14691: Nice grid if only it had accepted currencies! (18 hours, 1 minute ago)

Andy P @ #14691: Agree with other comments. I typed "currencies" and it didn't accept it. (19 hours, 12 minutes ago)

Oscar @ #14240: I am also livid (19 hours, 51 minutes ago)

Oscar @ #14240: I am Wilde with an e (19 hours, 51 minutes ago)

Only Me @ #14671: Excellent. (20 hours, 57 minutes ago)

RossChris @ #14705: Interesting grid. I guessed the acronyms as I was unfamiliar with two of them. I am not sure continuous verbs is sufficient for a connection, but not a bad effort nonetheless. (22 hours, 18 minutes ago)

RossChris @ #14704: I'll probably never identify a pokemon-themed connection as I know nothing about it. Just 7/10 here. Great challenge with crossovers. Well done for setting a tough one. (22 hours, 23 minutes ago)

Sid Kneebridge @ #14671: Original and lots of fun. (23 hours, 8 minutes ago)

Adam Zapple @ #14682: Good stuff, well done! (23 hours, 14 minutes ago)

Rooj @ #14702: 3/10... Not up to scratch with the poker or TV detectives, and threw me off with Goodfellas. Nice one though! (23 hours, 21 minutes ago)

Rooj @ #14703: Genuinely fiendish with the inclusion of the two palaces and two bonus football teams, nice! (23 hours, 27 minutes ago)

Sue @ #14408: I put "not straight", and was marked incorrect, despite this being the first of two parts of the answer, both parts meaning the same thing. (23 hours, 57 minutes ago)

RossChris @ #14703: Clear connections but lack of crossovers made this straightforward. Cracked it in less than one minute. Thank you for setting. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

SteveBG @ #14703: Sneaky with all the football teams! But I got it in time. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

ian @ #14691: Great grid, thank you (1 day, 2 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14702: Sorry to disappoint! My poker knowledge is obviously not up to standard... nor my Mr L knowledge. That said, excellent crossovers. Good grid (1 day, 3 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14702: This one shouldn't be too obscure; I hope for a few 10/10s here. (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Jim @ #14690: I linked the "out" group yet another way, as they can all follow "black." (Blackstone being a proper name, like Harry Blackstone or Blackstone's Commentaries.) (1 day, 6 hours ago)

A Surfeit of Eels @ #14683: Echoing RossChris on this one. ;) Deaths would be more accurate. (1 day, 6 hours ago)

Grugen @ #14689: Went round in a massive proto punk circle there, but hey-ho (let's go), 4/10 for me. Got me good. (1 day, 6 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14696: Was tempted to include "tenderising/ingredients" in the anagrams. Thought that was possibly a step too far! (1 day, 6 hours ago)

Grugen @ #14687: Same got me as well, grid of the week for sure (1 day, 6 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14696: Another magnificent grid. Terrific range of crossovers. You got me with the anagrams - I did not spot these - and there was nothing "incidental" about pierce!!! Thank you for the fine challenge. (1 day, 6 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14691: 7 this time... didn't accept currencies (I gave myself that one!). Good groups. (1 day, 8 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14690: Good grid... tough though! I opted for 'age' in the cold category (which also works). Still only managed 4 tho! (1 day, 8 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14688: 2/10... otherwise bamboozled! (1 day, 8 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14687: Exactly the same as RossChris... nice puzzle (1 day, 8 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14691: Another enjoyable grid; solved this in less than one minute which was rather satisfying. Thank you once again. (1 day, 10 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14690: Enjoyed this grid very much. Good connections, some crossovers, and a sound challenge. Manged 10/10, thank you for uploading. (1 day, 10 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14689: Enjoyed this grid; neat crossovers. 10/10 but a good test. (1 day, 17 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14688: Interesting grid. I know where you are coming from with the bishop in chess, but that is very much an unofficial scale. Still, a fair challenge. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14687: Good grid with some crossovers. Did not get the film connection so only 7/10 on this one. Thank you for the puzzle. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14686: Very straightforward and finished this in record time. Some crossovers would make it more of a challenge but a fair grid. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

beechio @ #14686: I wrote National Parks, and Blue for the first two and was incorrect.. Other than that, nice grid. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Joan @ #14684: Clever! (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Napoleon Wilson @ #14682: 10/10, but good grid. (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Napoleon Wilson @ #14683: maybe use killed rather than executed (1 day, 22 hours ago)

kittymcg @ #14684: Thanks for the great explanations. It's always nice to learn something. (1 day, 23 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14685: That connectionbeluded me, too. (2 days ago)

FirstGofer @ #14684: Thanks RC... (2 days ago)

FirstGofer @ #14685: No idea about Canadian towns. Found it tricky (2 days ago)

RossChris @ #14683: Hmm. I am not sure about the execution connection. Henry I was not executed and Edward II"s death is the subject of debate and speculation. (2 days ago)

Ahau @ #14675: Good fun (2 days ago)

RossChris @ #14684: Marvellous. Great connections and wicked crossovers. Loved this grid. Thank you. (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Ahau @ #14683: Wonderful got the killer (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Moi @ #14554: As a Canadian, this was fun. Thanks for using the CORRECT spelling! :D (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Blues @ #14671: Good stuff. Thanks. (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Moi @ #14556: Nice one! Thank you! (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Big Phil @ #14671: Good grid but made more difficult by having an `e`missing from the end of Burning down the house. (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Big Phil @ #14676: Great grid, lots of crossovers and lots of options throughout. Enjoyed it (2 days, 2 hours ago)

toast @ #14671: Very entertaining. (2 days, 2 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14682: Yippee! 10/10 on a RossChris grid ;-) Very well constructed. Thanks! (2 days, 2 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14682: Hopefully this one will prove to be less challenging than some of our more recent ones. (2 days, 2 hours ago)

mikk @ #14678: väga lahe (2 days, 4 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14676: This was a good challenge which I managed to crack and I enjoyed it very much. Thanks. (2 days, 4 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14675: Managed to solve this one quite quickly. Some useful crossovers and a nice grid. (2 days, 5 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14674: Oh dear. I am obviously making these too tough. (2 days, 5 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14676: Apart from connection requiring very good football knowledge (which I don't have!) a straightforward grid. (2 days, 5 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14675: Very straightforward :-) (2 days, 5 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14674: Definitely Fiendish - 1/10 for me too! (2 days, 5 hours ago)

Matty Mungbean @ #14676: Good grid, footballers was what i was looking for, didn't see scorers (2 days, 5 hours ago)

Andy P @ #14674: Another 1/10 for me :-) (2 days, 5 hours ago)

koshatnik @ #14671: It took me a few seconds to cotton on but it was fast and fun after that. Thanks! (2 days, 5 hours ago)

koshatnik @ #14668: Also 0/10, and I can safely say I was miles from a better score (2 days, 5 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14671: Thumbs up (2 days, 6 hours ago)

Viper @ #8441: Great grid (2 days, 6 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14668: Totally beyond me! (2 days, 6 hours ago)

Viper @ #186: Hidden numbers almost had me (2 days, 6 hours ago)

Viper @ #2661: Saw the animals straight away which helped, if i hadn't would have been on it for a while (2 days, 6 hours ago)

Viper @ #7793: Quite easy for once, probably helps that i'm a fan of all the topics!! (2 days, 6 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #14667: A toughie but a goodie. Pretty sure I got the same two connections as lebamski. (2 days, 6 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14674: I may not have allowed for the possibility of maiden names in one of the connections; this is of course correct and award yourself the point if you put this. (2 days, 7 hours ago)

RossChris @ #14672: This was difficult. The nature of the connections was fairly obvious but with so many possibilities it was tough to identify the correct links. Good challenge. (2 days, 8 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.