Comments about all grids

survivor @ #11185: Agreed, nice themes and crossovers. (9 hours, 56 minutes ago)

survivor @ #11209: I thought the L-to-H swap was fair game. I didn't get that one during the grid stage (trying too hard to match Cleese with the other Johns, just as the setter intended), but I got that theme right away once the answers were sorted in rows. (10 hours, 23 minutes ago)

Wiz @ #11219: Specialized is one way of putting it. I don't enjoy these kind of grids, but I think some people will love them. (14 hours, 17 minutes ago)

knife @ #11121: Wedding group a bit feeble (15 hours, 56 minutes ago)

knife @ #11219: Too one-dimensional, and too specialised to be of general interest (16 hours, 1 minute ago)

Chris @ #11205: Nice grid, it took me a while to spot the darts terminology. Well done. (16 hours, 8 minutes ago)

Tkhawkey @ #11209: Thanks for playing the grid all! Interesting split of opinions... but I love the Larissa suggestion! (20 hours, 42 minutes ago)

Wiz @ #11209: Good idea there Mister Tom! (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #11209: Very nice tho I might have gone for Larissa instead of Loney... ;) (1 day, 6 hours ago)

Pol @ #11209: A fine grid in my opinion. (1 day, 17 hours ago)

D @ #11209: The point is, Georgie, it's only hard because of how tenuous and arbitrary it is. It's too easy on the setter's part. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

AlanP @ #11210: Murray is still playing and so could still win the French although unlikely. (1 day, 21 hours ago)

fiffy @ #11209: Loney? (2 days ago)

Wiz @ #11209: Loney, I meant! My iPad hadn't come across it either! (2 days, 2 hours ago)

Wiz @ #11209: Lonely is a new word or name to me. (2 days, 2 hours ago)

GeorgieP @ #11209: It should be hard, that's the challenge. I got chip, chive and cheese but missed the honey. Great grid. (2 days, 5 hours ago)

D @ #11209: Change the L to an H - really easy way on the setter's part to make a hard group for players to spot. Poor group. (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Mike @ #11209: Absolutely superb. More please! (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Madenda @ #11209: Good job on the puzzle but made me feel like my brain stopped working :D (2 days, 15 hours ago)

Woof @ #11099: It was even more difficult than that (2 days, 15 hours ago)

AlanP @ #10203: Nicely constructed grid, very impressed. (3 days, 6 hours ago)

AndreasP @ #9407: The metal is Aluminium (BE) or Aluminum (AE), but not Alluminium. (3 days, 15 hours ago)

Sally @ #8722: Very good grid - and fair. Many thanks. (3 days, 15 hours ago)

AndreasP @ #11204: Skynyrd is wrong, it's not a surename of a person, and there's no Leonard... (3 days, 15 hours ago)

Globe @ #10203: Family member group was very good. Dr Who group on the other hand was abysmal. (3 days, 16 hours ago)

Alex @ #11203: An interesting observation!,,!! Great grid (3 days, 17 hours ago)

fiffy @ #11204: Lynrnd Skynyrd was a band, not a person. (4 days ago)

Monkey Allen @ #11203: Yeah but could The Special A.K.A. run and manage a successful paper merchants? (4 days ago)

AlanP @ #11205: Nice one. (4 days, 1 hour ago)

Pedant @ #11200: Pericles, Prince of Tyre is a comedy, therefore reduces this grid to a nonsense (4 days, 5 hours ago)

Pedant @ #11202: "using your mobile phone" doesn't warrant 6 points. Using the handset without hands-free whilst driving does. I also agree with Gnu that "7th" is also a terrible clue. this row in particular really lets the grid down (4 days, 5 hours ago)

Pamela @ #11077: Grinch - nice to see that you are happy today (4 days, 15 hours ago)

toast @ #11200: Could you not switch The Merry Wives of Windsor with Much Ado About Tooting and still solve the grid ? PS had some difficulty as I have mislaid my glasses again but at least the bottle opener has turned up. Enjoyed trying anyway. (4 days, 17 hours ago)

Ahab @ #11201: Ahoy! This is a riptide of a puzzle! (4 days, 18 hours ago)

Gnu @ #11202: Decent grid, but I'd have never guessed what the 6 points connection was if I'd had all day. Especially didn't like "7th" as a clue. (4 days, 19 hours ago)

Delilah @ #11187: "raduis"? Surely, radIUs? (5 days, 8 hours ago)

Zbj @ #11193: Good one. (5 days, 9 hours ago)

Zbj @ #11194: Good one. Glad I didn't notice the carry on red herrings. (5 days, 9 hours ago)

pol @ #11192: Nobody is mad at anybody are they? (5 days, 14 hours ago)

Wiz @ #9311: A tough one, I didn't get there but I thought it was fair. (5 days, 14 hours ago)

Dak 65 @ #9311: Idiot (5 days, 16 hours ago)

Violet @ #11192: Pls dont get mad at me I am15 and have no gilfriend (5 days, 16 hours ago)

Amber @ #11192: I'm not happy with this grid. (5 days, 17 hours ago)

toast @ #11193: Enjoyed this one. (5 days, 17 hours ago)

PuzzBrit @ #11194: Oh, I didn't know that was a carry on film (5 days, 18 hours ago)

GeorgieP @ #11194: And don't forget about Dick. (5 days, 19 hours ago)

PuzzBrit @ #11194: Nurse, Teacher, Doctor, Girls, Constable and Sergeant are all carry on films. That really got me when I found out there was no carry on films group (5 days, 20 hours ago)

Pol @ #8373: I disagree ...just one l I think? (5 days, 22 hours ago)

Robbed @ #8373: Lilly is generally spelled with 2 Ls. Should've been ten points in the bag there! (5 days, 22 hours ago)

:) @ #1942: Love this grid (5 days, 23 hours ago)

Pol @ #11191: Fun, beat me! But enjoyed the challenge.. (6 days, 2 hours ago)

Ellie @ #11185: Loved this one, especially the connection with Niles et al - nice! (6 days, 14 hours ago)

toast @ #11192: Don't take any notice of them Tom. They are probably just a bit peeved at being called common girls. (6 days, 18 hours ago)

Violet @ #11192: Poor effort. (6 days, 21 hours ago)

Eve @ #11192: Girls names and nouns/verbs - extremely general and weak groups. (1 week ago)

Mister Tom @ #10899: True... but not the most common element in the crust (Aluminium). Or in the universe ( Hydrogen). Or in humans (Oxygen by mass, hydrogen by number). I'll get my coat. (1 week ago)

knife @ #11188: Nice red herring with the Lennon group. (1 week ago)

knife @ #11187: As for #11186, not much entertainment value for the normal solver. (1 week ago)

knife @ #11186: High on difficulty, low on entertainment value. Perhaps a tad too specialised. (1 week ago)

PERNICKERTY @ #11184: Shinobi's correct and Mr. Bobbit would be famous for willy not Willie, but that's just a small issue. (1 week, 1 day ago)

Pamela @ #11053: Except for the orange link (1 week, 1 day ago)

Pamela @ #11041: Good wall - nearly 10 (1 week, 1 day ago)

bobretd @ #11189: Nice one (1 week, 1 day ago)

ajs @ #306: again - depressed not accepted? (1 week, 1 day ago)

AlanP @ #11187: Essentially two separate grids with no connection and two fructoses. (1 week, 1 day ago)

Pol @ #11186: If you meant bio..that was good. (1 week, 1 day ago)

Shinobi @ #11184: Jesus Christ was generally regarded as a Jew rather than a Christian. There was no such thing as a Christian while he (allegedly) lived. (1 week, 2 days ago)

Sally @ #9380: Did you mean Buckingham Palace? Also, how can social website apps not be a means of communication? Think more keywords were needed there! Otherwise a fun grid, thank you. (1 week, 2 days ago)

Zbj @ #11183: Good one. (1 week, 2 days ago)

toast @ #11175: Light and enjoyable . (1 week, 2 days ago)

Mister Tom @ #11168: It works, but a bit too straightforward. (1 week, 2 days ago)

AlanP @ #11178: Of course, proliferation should have got that - staring me in the face. (1 week, 2 days ago)

Sally @ #9408: So, elements for third group is incorrect?! What ignorance is that? More keywords needed. Not so good at all! (1 week, 3 days ago)

Sally @ #9416: So I put beauty - beautiful for group 3 and it comes up as incorrect, methinks more keywords/symbols are needed! Other quizzers have made similar comments (1 week, 3 days ago)

Yahooee @ #11168: Nice easy grid (1 week, 3 days ago)

toast @ #11171: Some nice touches. (1 week, 3 days ago)

Jerome @ #11171: I agree with all of that.. (1 week, 3 days ago)

CarToon @ #11171: Enjoyably difficult, but 'funny smell' isn't a phrase, just a random pairing of words. (1 week, 3 days ago)

toast @ #11168: Good one. (1 week, 3 days ago)

toast @ #11164: Scrambled my brain. Next time how about making the Rhodesia to travel? Very entertaining thanks. (1 week, 3 days ago)

Blank @ #11164: I wish there was a button where you could skip to the answers. This was a grid I couldn't even make a start on. (1 week, 3 days ago)

Wiz @ #11163: Indeed it was great fun. (1 week, 4 days ago)

fiffy @ #11163: Grrrrrrrreat! (1 week, 4 days ago)

Pol @ #11157: Do you know how puzzgrid works I wonder? (1 week, 4 days ago)

Zbj @ #11161: Good one! All things that I vaguely knew but couldn't quite put together. (1 week, 4 days ago)

pongo @ #11157: What are the answers? (1 week, 4 days ago)

pongo @ #11157: ? (1 week, 4 days ago)

pongo @ #11157: ? (1 week, 4 days ago)

pongo @ #11157: ? (1 week, 4 days ago)

Bllues @ #10899: Hb39: To answer your question iron is the most common element by mass on the planet because, well, there is more of it than any other element. (1 week, 4 days ago)

Sally @ #9956: I agree with Keith's comment. Otherwise a fun grid - thanks (1 week, 4 days ago)

j @ #258: saint reluctant (1 week, 4 days ago)

j @ #266: said meeting! (1 week, 4 days ago)

Fatima @ #11145: could have been better (1 week, 5 days ago)

Fatima @ #11149: Perfect (1 week, 5 days ago)

Puzzled @ #11130: WHO ARE YOU? (1 week, 5 days ago)

weegieman @ #11157: Too hard for me but entertaining and inventive (1 week, 5 days ago)

Sally @ #9835: So for the third group I put other words for 'testing' deemed incorrect - think this needed more key words, otherwise a good grid. Btw RowG57 I put in entrepreneurs and that was accepted, so thank you for getting that changed. (1 week, 5 days ago)

D @ #11158: Absurd to expect anyone to know the real name of Cobra from Gladiators or that N'Golo Kante drives a mini. (1 week, 5 days ago)

Sally @ #9836: Agree with Keith, carafe is spelt with a 'c' but otherwise a good grid, thank-you. (1 week, 5 days ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.