Comments about all grids

Ray @ #12340: I liked most of it but wasn't sure the element group really fit in, with both letters being capitalized. I appreciated the descriptions here because I'd heard of a band called CSS but never CCS and initially wasn't sure it wasn't an error. (23 minutes ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12332: Kind of you to point out the herrings. (47 minutes ago)

Darkness 11/11 @ #12340: SPRB! (51 minutes ago)

Freddie @ #12342: test worked, Looks hard initially, but if you get 1, becomes easy (58 minutes ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12335: Donkey line threw Hampton for a burton. (1 hour, 11 minutes ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12337: Lovely stuff, though even as a lifelong gooner Hampton failed to twig the FA Cup line. (1 hour, 16 minutes ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12338: Tough puzz. Flabby groups, vague and slippery in places. (1 hour, 21 minutes ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12339: Deficient in herrings, but otherwise this puzz is in decent fettle. (1 hour, 30 minutes ago)

PuzzGrid Champion @ #12337: A bit unfair not to accept 'forests' and my knowledge of the Blackburn Rovers line-up is sadly rusty. Otherwise enjoyable grid. (2 hours, 12 minutes ago)

Freddie @ #2184: i guessed alcoholic drinks for the ships clue, haha (3 hours, 49 minutes ago)

Freddie @ #12336: Self -test complete, too easy (4 hours, 35 minutes ago)

Womble @ #8387: Ingenious. Laughed that I got sex and drugs pretty quickly but still couldn't work out the others. (6 hours, 7 minutes ago)

Jim @ #12209: Fun grid! It's especially nice to see a TV theme based on a popular recent series, instead of old children's shows from three decades ago, as seems to be the PuzzGrid default. (6 hours, 40 minutes ago)

CookieSock @ #12321: Like Greggs sausage rolls, this puzz is lukewarm at best with some mild surprises, but with no real je ne sais quoi. (8 hours, 15 minutes ago)

Dockling @ #12322: Poor chess group - not sure if the incorrect spelling is deliberate or not? Either way, it detracts from what might have been a good grid (18 hours, 21 minutes ago)

uncstebah @ #12322: The chess pieces group doesn't work (19 hours, 24 minutes ago)

Beth @ #12157: Ditto (20 hours, 21 minutes ago)

Me @ #12157: Ditto (20 hours, 21 minutes ago)

Me @ #12155: No goood (20 hours, 29 minutes ago)

bonehead @ #12328: i said dance. answer: dance, dancing. Marked wrong!! (20 hours, 51 minutes ago)

Wiz @ #12322: Ah yes,,,but still I wonder what Hampton is up to! (22 hours, 12 minutes ago)

PERNICKERTY @ #12322: Twelve inches! (22 hours, 34 minutes ago)

Wiz @ #12322: What's afoot Hampton? (23 hours, 38 minutes ago)

littlecote @ #1953: rubbish - not everyone is christian (23 hours, 52 minutes ago)

Tig @ #12324: Are Cruthes and Jojjoba typos? (23 hours, 56 minutes ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12313: Rare puzz. (1 day ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12317: Thrifty little grid. What it lacks in herrings it makes up for in whimsy. (1 day ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12319: Lovely assortment of herrings, if easily doable in the end. (1 day ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12320: Hampton thinks 'biscuit' is a bit of a stretch for a Twix. (1 day ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12321: Like M&S clothes, this puzz unfolds pleasantly and with some mild surprises, but with no real panache. (1 day ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12322: Chess pieces spelt wrong was a hilariously bad group. I don't know why you didn't just spell them correctly, there aren't any red herrings in that group as it is but if you'd spelled them correctly you'd have had Bishop as a red herring. Weird choice. (1 day ago)

4by4 @ #12313: Agreed bonehead - I tried but could not come up with anything (thought getting the connection would make it tricky though). I appreciate everyone's comments. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Neymar Jr @ #12322: Chess pieces spelt wrong was a hilariously bad group. I don't know why you didn't just spell them correctly, there aren't any red herrings in that group as it is but if you'd spelled them correctly you'd have had Bishop as a red herring. Weird choice. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Nellington @ #12319: Nice grid, though I've never heard of a Toucan crossing. Cool username, too :-) (1 day, 2 hours ago)

AJ @ #12320: Titanium, Platinum, Silver and Palladium are all elements as well, so it should accept that. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

bonehead @ #12306: agreed (1 day, 4 hours ago)

bonehead @ #12313: The 4 names would have been better if there had been a red herring - you can just select the 4 names without knowing the connection (1 day, 4 hours ago)

aardvark @ #12306: Need to fix accepted answers e.g. "4 sided" acceptable answer, "electr" would allow electronic as well as electrical. (1 day, 6 hours ago)

Nick @ #12306: yes, the fact that the 4 in that group are all quadrilaterals made choosing it easier, and triangle wasnt the intended red herring, Nice 4 anagrams! (1 day, 6 hours ago)

Nick @ #12313: agree regarding the 4th '15'. I had the other 3 (very clever connection) but was just guessing and failed. Enjoyable though, nice red herrings (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Wiz @ #7692: Lob is a word tho! (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Colm @ #12298: One of my favourites so far; well done (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Sid Kneebridge @ #12313: Found it tough, but enjoyable (1 day, 8 hours ago)

4by4 @ #12313: Point taken thanks! (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Ya Boi @ #7692: Good Grid (1 day, 9 hours ago)

dog @ #12279: last set a bit obtuse (1 day, 11 hours ago)

smh @ #12313: gotta agree with Ridiculous regarding the decimalisation clue. surely a better reference for 15th was available. Apart from that, this was an excellent grid. really enjoyed it. (1 day, 11 hours ago)

smh @ #12245: All I was trying to do in the first place was point out the inconsistency in that connection. You have one country name that doesn't exist anymore, one country that is not a country, and one country written in its native language. (btw I never said Ireland was not a country) If you are struggling to crowbar answers in to make a specific connection then maybe you should just think of a different/better connection. I saw the Barbarians play south Africa in rugby, does that make them a country? your justification falls down again because the Cook Islands are yet another independent nation with non country status. Countries with i as the second letter, next time use FIJI. (Fiji is fine!) Or as Jim says, if the connection is places, use Fiji, Niue and Dili. Just don't class them as countries in the explanations. I will certainly join you in a beer (1 day, 12 hours ago)

Jim @ #12245: I really enjoyed this, Blues: it was a creative, original concept, and I found all four to be easy once I noticed what the equalities meant. Every quizzer, crossword buff, or geography buff knows Niue, so I'm surprised people are calling it obscure. I'm even more surprised by the back-and-forth over whether Niue is a country: the theme is "Places=2i," not "Countries=2i," so who cares whether it's a country? No one can deny that it's a place. (1 day, 16 hours ago)

Banderbear @ #12305: Accepted trees even though that wasn't the answer shown, didn't accept queen (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Ridiculous @ #12313: 15th of Feb yes well known date that one (1 day, 19 hours ago)

Omegaman @ #12305: Would not accept trees for oak etc (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Omegaman @ #12306: Liked this but would not accept 4 sided figures for the shapes. (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Blues @ #12245: Smh, Johnny Truth (Wiz)... Apology first to Smh if you thought I was flippant, that wasn't the intention although in hindsight it looks it. Secondly I didn't post the reply to you both after your excellent dissertations on national identity somebody obviously did it on my behalf. Now here's my two cents worth... Take a moment to consider what I tried to do to form this particular grid. Each row had three "three letter" words and a clue. The three letter words in each row were originally "four letter" words with an identical letter removed which also had to occupy the same position in each of the original words in its own row but in a different position to all the other rows. The three letter words that were left also had to make sense rather than be just a collection of letters (where possible). This restricted things a little. When it came to "countries" that were 4 letters long, with the second letter "i" my scope was very limited. This was why Niue appeared. As to whether Niue is a bona-fida country then this is open to debate but I offer the following:- I listed countries with 4 letters and Niue popped up all over the place. I then checked it with Wikipedia (not fool proof I know) but the opening statement is:- " Niue is an island country" I also saw them play rugby against the Cook Islands... So logic told me, for the sake of this quiz, that Niue passed most tests (although apparently not the UN's) I did not ask for a UN ratified country or an independent nation or sovereign state, simply a country. This begs the question how were countries classified pre October 24th 1945? or even before the 10th January 1920? when we had neither the UN or its forerunner "the League of Nations." (I don't know) As to Wales or Scotland or Ireland not being countries... 1. Point at a map of the Island or Ireland and ask any schoolchild what two countries make up the island and they will tell you Eire (or the republic) and N.I. 2. Walk into any pub in Glasgow and ask them what nationality they are or what country they live in.... Also wasn't James king of both countries? 3. Every time I cross the Severn bridge driving west out of England I pass a sign "Welcome to Wales" on the border of the two countries. Undoubtedly your information is irrefutable but sometimes we have to bow to common consciousness. Nevertheless thank you for taking the time to reply. (Ooops nearly forgot Smh, the reason I asked you if you finished the grid was simply out of curiosity, I could not imagine you getting so enraged had you waltzed through it. It is quite a strange grid because I have retried it since and struggled and I thought I knew the answers... (I knew Niue anyway.) Beer now. (1 day, 21 hours ago)

knife @ #11821: Why do the mascots, exclusively in the answers, all begin with lowercase letters? Doesn't that give the game away somwhat, even if you don't know what the link is? (1 day, 23 hours ago)

toast @ #12291: I've found all your grids entertaining. Thanks. (2 days, 2 hours ago)

PaulyT @ #12306: Good but the answers quite specific. Didn't accept shape or anagram or electricity! (2 days, 5 hours ago)

Colm @ #12283: Roation should be rotation? (2 days, 7 hours ago)

chris @ #12294: I got thinking Will Smith Films which threw me off for a minute or so. (Hancock, Independence day, I am Legend, Fresh prince of Bel Air), If that was intentional then well done! One of your best. (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Drake59 @ #12292: Apologies for the mistakes in this grid. For example I spelled Integral incorrectly. I have remade this grid it's No 12306 (2 days, 14 hours ago)

Jim @ #12291: Enjoyed that, especially the anagrams. I often see ludicrously obscure themes on here, but Bible books aren't one of them. They're mainstream knowledge, and I'm not at all religious. (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Al @ #3322: Didn't know "secret sharer" was a think, and had to look up "special Olympics", but enjoyed the grid. (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Jim @ #12206: Thanks, Wiz, I didn't realize one of the businesses was a chain. Of course, now I'm tempted to invent a set of toppings for a farmhouse pizza: maybe ham, chicken, and turnips. (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Jim @ #12302: I don't think this is a general-interest grid. Even from the answers, I can't tell what three of the groups mean, and the fourth one is incorrect: the Rolling Stones, the Police, and Guns N' Roses aren't goth/emo bands. (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Drake59 @ #12300: Apologies for all the mistakes in this grid. For example Freighter is spelled incorrectly. This grid should have be catergorised a Easy. I have remade the grid it is no 12305 (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Jessie @ #12302: Bye bye ! (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Samir @ #12302: This awsome the whole world should do it!It is the best quiz ever! (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Inshalah @ #12302: This is great i will recomend it to anyone i see. (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Malaikah @ #12302: this is the best quiz there is nothing you could improve! however personaloy it should be in extra easy . (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Mamoona @ #12302: this is the best quiz it was easy for me but i like all of the bands so i have an advantage. (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Anisah @ #12302: This was great but chalinging (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Ramón Martínez @ #12252: I agree with Sally. (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Ramón Martínez @ #12252: I agree with Sally. (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Wiz @ #12301: How embarrassing.oh dear. (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Anisah @ #12301: This is the best thing ever i recomend it (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Mamooona @ #12301: I think this is quit good personly however i am a great fan of all of these bands . (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Angel @ #12301: This the best quiz ever! You could not posibly improve anything about it (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Wiz @ #12301: Good ,fun,but explanations rather wordy.enjoyed it tho! (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Malaikah @ #12301: I thought it was very good and there was nothing that they could improve! (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Peekay @ #3464: Tess https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_St._Helens (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Bubble @ #8494: True to rating (3 days ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12290: Hampton agrees with Sunny. Quite nice groupings but herringless puzz is scarce puzz at all. (3 days ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12291: Ludicrously obscure biblical puzz. (3 days ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12293: Good stuff. I for one won't rail against the railway line line. Might quibble the Hong Kong line, however, since one of the four actually requires 'Island' in its name while the other three would never be referred to as such. (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Hampton Quimbles @ #12294: Solid grid. Not too many twists and turns but intriguing, like an episode of Bergerac. (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Sally can dance @ #12252: Excellent thanks (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Hkh @ #12295: Fun (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Wiz @ #12298: I am even more excited now! (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Jon @ #12228: Bit tricky (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Barty @ #12298: Your name popping up in the comments regularly did inspire that group. (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Jon @ #12282: Great fun :) (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Wiz @ #12298: A grid with me in it. I'm excited.i enjoyed it too. (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Alex @ #11994: Sadly I don't think so! (3 days, 4 hours ago)

SO @ #11994: Hahaha! Papa New Guinea. A joke, right?! (3 days, 4 hours ago)

Wiz @ #12245: Wifi? I meant will of course. (3 days, 5 hours ago)

Wiz @ #12245: Thanks for all the detailed knowledge! I live and learn and wifi endeavour to remember at least some of all that. (3 days, 5 hours ago)

Fluff @ #12293: Hampshire rail towns very specific! (3 days, 6 hours ago)

Wiz @ #12206: Jim, I think it must mean the chain of restaurants with that name rather than type of pizza . (3 days, 6 hours ago)

Neymar Jr @ #12293: Captains has seriously been done to death now. It must have been used in about 1000 grids. (3 days, 6 hours ago)

Johnny Truth @ #12252: The ratings seemed to have picked up now. And deservedly so. I agree smh, top grid this (3 days, 8 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.