Comments about all grids

Johnny @ #15955: Same. Only scored 4 but great grid. (3 hours, 10 minutes ago)

PurpleAki @ #2026: should accept 'synonyms' (4 hours, 35 minutes ago)

Paratus @ #1839: Harder than a great big bag of hard things. (5 hours, 46 minutes ago)

lindy @ #15954: 10/10 so I liked it :) (11 hours, 10 minutes ago)

lindy @ #15956: Napoleon marked wrong for me.. My spelling was correct ! 7/10 because of that (11 hours, 13 minutes ago)

Mr Spratt @ #15892: Leave us fish alone (18 hours, 25 minutes ago)

David @ #79: I feel Barrel etc. should accept measures. (19 hours, 52 minutes ago)

Chris @ #15956: 7/10 for me and it really irritated me because you've spelt Napoleon wrong. Other than that it would be a good grid but that has ruined it. (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Mister Tom @ #9769: Interesting looking back... I think contemporary grids tend to be a lot tougher, and of course would get battered for having old chestnuts like these in. Ok for beginners but needed more crossovers (a phrase my phone has now learnt) (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15954: I liked it. I enjoy grids the most when I get 10/10 but have to work hard for it, like I did here. Cheers. (1 day, 5 hours ago)

carol @ #13747: dearie me... dyslexic people - please get information, syntax, spellings, etc, checked before you post your grid... (1 day, 5 hours ago)

Helen Grant @ #15959: I should have gone incognito like your other contestants. (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Helen Grant @ #15959: I put "song" instead of Talking Heads. The last group must be the red herrings but it didn't like that answer either. :-( (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15957: Nice, but remember to capitalise (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15959: Eclectic, and thanks for reminding me of the existence of magnetic fields, but without crossovers it's not really my idea of a grid (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Ex-King of Spain @ #15959: Now I eat humble pie (1 day, 8 hours ago)

Bob (office below) @ #15959: Open the door. I'm hungry. (1 day, 8 hours ago)

David Bowie @ #15959: Drink nothing but champagne (1 day, 8 hours ago)

bonehead @ #15957: pleased to have done this one, very good with all those queen crossovers (1 day, 15 hours ago)

Omegaman @ #15945: Confectionary ☑ sweets ✖ ???? (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Pamela @ #15887: Excellent (1 day, 18 hours ago)

BrodieF @ #15954: A few inaccuracies in the answers, but not a bad grid. I'd say word groups should either be "can be followed by" or "can be preceded by" and not both. But that's just my opinion. (1 day, 18 hours ago)

BrodieF @ #15955: Didn't manage to solve this one fully but it's a nice grid. Pretty tough. 4/5, 4/5. (1 day, 18 hours ago)

BrodieF @ #15956: Nice little quiz and groups, but pretty easy. Check the spelling of your answer groups too! (1 day, 18 hours ago)

JonBob @ #15956: Excellent! And thank you for the explanations. (1 day, 19 hours ago)

bonehead @ #15956: I also made the mistake of spelling Napoleon correctly, so only 7/10 (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Your_Name @ #15956: napoleon... (1 day, 22 hours ago)

Pag @ #15954: Enjoyable first grid. Thanks (1 day, 22 hours ago)

truecockney @ #15940: Duly noted. I'll try to give some explanations for items I think are a bit more unusual (and I'm trying to get some crossovers, but I feel that is making it much more difficult to make these versions). It's impossible to please everyone all the time :) (1 day, 23 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15945: Never heard of large in that context and 'ten one-hundreds' feels a little contrived. Be careful of spelling, esp in answers - confectionery (2 days ago)

FirstGofer @ #15941: Need to expand the accepted answers slightly. Synonyms for brave not accepted. Also, the Dare group has another correct answer - they are all games (board or otherwise). (2 days ago)

FirstGofer @ #15940: Straightforward and enjoyable. I concur that explanations are always appreciated... (2 days, 1 hour ago)

4by4 @ #15934: Peter Capaldi regenerated into Jodie Whittaker (the 13th doctor) in the 2017 Christmas special. This was her first appearance as the Doctor. (2 days, 1 hour ago)

FirstGofer @ #15935: Was never going to get the Sneak group. Like the Sketch group... which personally I think works, even though I didn't get it! (2 days, 1 hour ago)

FirstGofer @ #15934: Whittaker hasn't debuted yet, so 'all have played' isn't strictly accurate in our timeline. I admit, tenses are complicated where time travel is involved. What do we want? Time Travel! When do we want it? Whenever... (2 days, 1 hour ago)

FirstGofer @ #15933: 3/10... agree with Andy. I found it Fiendish! (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Eagleeyes @ #15954: Thought it was Houses of Parliament - not aware of it being referred to in the singular. (2 days, 1 hour ago)

JonBob @ #15951: That's my sister's name! :-) (2 days, 1 hour ago)

JonBob @ #15948: The Banksy group is brutal, American or not. No real "in" on that one. The Las Vegas line is American-centric but not overly obscure save one of them. The Vowel group is very clever (I missed it completely). (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Jn @ #15930: First 10/10 for a while. Really liked this one (2 days, 2 hours ago)

Aetees @ #15948: A bit too American for me but a decent grid. (2 days, 3 hours ago)

GIFFnotJIFF @ #15950: Was a bit disappointed to lose a point when I put 'ranks' instead of 'titles' - otherwise pretty good. (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Eagleeyes @ #15949: The owl line also works with F. (2 days, 6 hours ago)

Simon Williams @ #481: solutions need to have a less defined terms, accepting more generic terms. (2 days, 7 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15951: Same here. BARB? Once you get/guess that group it all collapses, unfortunately I took 2'50" to do so (2 days, 8 hours ago)

DH @ #15938: Really enjoyable challenge (2 days, 11 hours ago)

바카라사이트 @ #15774: I am not talking over cost-free pens and espresso mugs with your emblem to them, I am speaking concerning the digital immediate obtain supplies. I know well that difficulty doesn't essentially mean terrible, but I favor to stay away from such sports. Set a limit on how long you are going to play and just how much money you would like to risk. https://thekingcasinos.com/baccaratsite/ (2 days, 11 hours ago)

bonehead @ #15951: not bad.... but why have I never met anyone called Barb? (2 days, 15 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15935: Cool. I did wonder how that would go down. I thought it was clever and challenging but also a bit unorthodox to say the least. Nice to hear both sides I guess. Cheers. (2 days, 17 hours ago)

kittymcg @ #15925: Too hard for me but a great concept (2 days, 17 hours ago)

ANGRY BEEVER @ #15941: Synonyms for brave. Not accepted. Surely just the word brave being in there means it should be accepted. DISAPPOINTING! (2 days, 17 hours ago)

kittymcg @ #15940: Explanations are most definitely appreciated. The effort is noticed. It always great to learn something new. (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Johnny @ #15935: Gotta say, I disagree, I thought it was the best group! Thought all the synonyms were legitimate. (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15947: I would have thought catarrh rather than cutter- even seeing the group i couldnt work out what you meant. Maybe your newsrreaders pronounce it differently to ours... (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15941: Isnt Pascal Gross the current one? And Christian the briefly hilarious spurs manager*? Fun anyway. * Ok, one of the... (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15940: TBH there's always google for explanations, but nice to know they are appreciated... Agree, this was surprisingly resolvable, despite the crossovers (yay!) (2 days, 21 hours ago)

cheminion @ #15938: enjoyable grid, thanks for setting. (3 days ago)

JonBob @ #15940: One of your easier entries in this style. Nice. Instead of always saying "can all be linked by," it would be helpful if you briefly explained the connections, at least for things that are cultural references or a bit oblique. (3 days ago)

JonBob @ #15935: Yeah, that's a really fair criticism. I wouldn't have been able to phrase it so nicely. The "tie" and "conclude" connections are completely fair and very clever, but the other two stretch the concept a bit far. (3 days ago)

JSilverman1 @ #15904: I agree - this one was way too hard, too. Must have been in a crabby mood that day or something. Sorry! (3 days, 1 hour ago)

threeferrets @ #15938: Nice (3 days, 1 hour ago)

DH @ #15935: challenging but good. the draw category is too tough iMHO: - draw as a noun (tie) - draw as a verb (sketch) that can be both transitive and intransitive: "I drew", "I drew a kitty cat" other 2 senses of draw that are intransitive verbs only Elicit is "draw out" only, isn't it, like a"draw out" is idomatic for Elicit? Conclude same is "draw to an close" or other similar phrases This answer *elicits*a sigh from me, and as I "draw this rant to an end" i say good day sir (3 days, 2 hours ago)

Aetees @ #15934: Too hard for me but well set. (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Aetees @ #15938: Excellent grid. (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Squiggle @ #15822: Why does it insist on 'all'? Put in 'cocktails' and was told incorrect. (3 days, 7 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15933: I have to disagree with the below comment about it being straightforward. Scored 3/10 but did kick myself about a couple of them afterwards admittedly. Nice grid. Cheers. (3 days, 8 hours ago)

lindy @ #15930: 10-/10...good grid..I kept trying to find a "David" group until I figured Bowie knife..:) (3 days, 12 hours ago)

Timbo @ #1942: ‘Aliases’ should be permitted. Otherwise excellent! (3 days, 17 hours ago)

kittymcg @ #15931: It's the ground where the gold is in mining. (3 days, 17 hours ago)

Chris @ #12836: Good fun and lovely mix of options. Didn’t see the vowels though! (3 days, 18 hours ago)

Kyle @ #15933: Found this one relatively easy, but a very nice grid overall. (3 days, 18 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15930: Excellent, one of the best I've done recently. Some really neat overlaps. Scored 7/10 after not identifying Bowie. Cheers! (3 days, 21 hours ago)

Andy P @ #15931: Good one. I scored 3/10. Never heard of Pay Dirt - could it be a North American term? Cheers. (3 days, 21 hours ago)

Aetees @ #15929: I wish there were a way to delete grids, or at least mark them as defective (is there? I can't find one). Peter shouldn't be in there, the grid is incorrect. Sorry folks. (3 days, 22 hours ago)

chris @ #15930: nice simple grid. (3 days, 22 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15930: Nice and straightforward enough. (3 days, 23 hours ago)

JonBob @ #15929: Peter? (4 days ago)

Paratus @ #15910: Needs to be factually correct. The start of the 12th Century was the year 1101, not 1100. It might still be a binary number but you're giving wrong definitions for the answers. (4 days, 1 hour ago)

Mister Tom @ #2277: Recommended (4 days, 2 hours ago)

Squiggle @ #15885: Enjoyed this... enough intrigue to tickle the grey cells. (4 days, 2 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15929: Good grid - a couple of well obscure clues scuppered me. 5/10 (4 days, 3 hours ago)

GIFFnotJIFF @ #15320: Never heard of Laios, must brush up Irish counties (4 days, 3 hours ago)

GIFFnotJIFF @ #15325: Some good crossover but it didn't take long after the cru- clue (4 days, 3 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15925: Spotted the theme, but way too obscure for me - 0/10 (4 days, 4 hours ago)

Mike A @ #15911: (4 days, 5 hours ago)

bonehead @ #15925: too difficult to be any good (4 days, 15 hours ago)

bonehead @ #15926: Hammond. May, Cook.... I was looking for the 4th Eng cricket captain..... (4 days, 15 hours ago)

chris @ #15922: nice grid. (4 days, 18 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15925: Quirky. Should have trusted you on the cars front. Spotted the theme eventually. Nice work. (4 days, 19 hours ago)

rabbit @ #9384: Any way you can change the 02 to O2? not sure if possible but not really consistent/fair as is. otherwise nice quiz (4 days, 21 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #15920: Quaint group rather sticks out for me. (4 days, 22 hours ago)

cheminion @ #15920: 6/10 - Excellent grid this - loved the choice of categories. As with bonehead I went PMs and was annoyed not to be given it before I realised. Thanks for setting. (5 days ago)

FirstGofer @ #15921: IGNORE - there is a typo. Sorry! (5 days, 1 hour ago)

Andy P @ #15915: Ah, a good point. Not being a fan of such musicals I had always assumed it was Grease. Cheers for the input, if not the abuse. (5 days, 1 hour ago)

FirstGofer @ #15920: Really good grid - the Quaint group especially clever... I also went PMs but thought the Court was martial (homophone Marshall) and opted for Commonwealth PMs. Over-thought that one! haha ;-) (5 days, 2 hours ago)

MollieT @ #15918: Oh :( not specific enough do you think? (5 days, 2 hours ago)

bonehead @ #15920: I thought UK PMs was right..... but of course Hague not a PM rats Good grid (5 days, 2 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15919: Patrick Thistle??? (5 days, 2 hours ago)

FirstGofer @ #15918: Generally a good grid with good crossovers. Felt a bit let down by the Reid answer though... (5 days, 2 hours ago)

Aetees @ #15910: I like the idea behind it but I was well and truly flummoxed. Good for a challenge. (5 days, 3 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.