Comments about all grids

Mister Tom @ #11615: Actually surprisingly enjoyable. (1 hour, 4 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #11611: Whether or not I agree with it's irrelevant; I've had the decency to try and explain why ( which to be fair you usually do). You've taken the time to comment but all you said was "it's rubbish" ; that's just moaning that your free entertainment isn't up to the standard you've come to expect. (1 hour, 5 minutes ago)

Mister Tom @ #11608: And there was me thinking it was deliberately done as a dig at pedantry. Sigh. Nice grid though (1 hour, 12 minutes ago)

E.L.Wisty @ #11616: Good fun, well constructed. (11 hours, 2 minutes ago)

E.L.Wisty @ #11619: Great stuff! (11 hours, 15 minutes ago)

GarryC @ #14: Dwarves not dwarfs and synonms (12 hours, 15 minutes ago)

zom @ #11595: thanks for the advice it was my first grid (13 hours, 9 minutes ago)

SueC @ #4223: Loved it! (15 hours, 26 minutes ago)

toast @ #11608: Enjoyed the grid. Who's going to argue with that ? (1 day, 2 hours ago)

toast @ #11617: Decent grid with a nice theme. Would have scored it higher if there had been more variety but then you can't have everything especially if you are new. Thanks. (1 day, 2 hours ago)

Sweep @ #11553: Was Brian Blessed Soo? (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Sally @ #402: Some naughty red herrings here! (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Sally @ #404: Reasonable grid, some tricky red herrings! (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Sally @ #416: Very specific knowledge required for the last group - a game I've never heard of! Otherwise a good grid. (1 day, 3 hours ago)

Mr Tomisat Wat @ #11616: Decent enough grid overall but I still don't like the inconsistency between full names, first names and last names within the same group. (1 day, 6 hours ago)

AlanP @ #11618: Dubious about two of the anagrams. Shouldn't an anagram of a word be another word ? (1 day, 7 hours ago)

Kit @ #11608: Sorry Miss Slink.think about it carefully and re-read! It's who's! (1 day, 8 hours ago)

LVGboxhead @ #10612: Strictly speaking HIV and ELO are not acronyms either. If they were, when spoken they would rhyme with 'give' and 'yellow' (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Zbj @ #11616: Very pleased with myself for this one. Five stars. (1 day, 12 hours ago)

SueC @ #4189: Sorry it didn't accept 'moor' ! Win some, lose some! (1 day, 12 hours ago)

Pol @ #11608: I think my money is on who's! (1 day, 14 hours ago)

SueC @ #4260: First time I've got word contained in word! Thanks! (1 day, 14 hours ago)

Edgy @ #11541: I am on good days. (1 day, 16 hours ago)

*grid note* @ #11615: I meant to call the grid "mrtomisatwat" but it didn't fit. (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #11609: A bit of variation is a good thing... This felt to me there were two groups which stood out immediately and two I had no possiblility of getting. I guess I should have guessed randomly among them while I could! (2 days, 1 hour ago)

Miss Slink @ #11609: Um...is that a good thing? I think one particular group is probably a bit harder than the others, but by the process of elimination you should be able to put them together, even if you're not sure what the actual link between them is. Also, I tried to cover a variety of areas of knowledge (as I do with all my grids), so hopefully most people were able to recognise at least something. (2 days, 2 hours ago)

gnu @ #11611: I don't have to make a grid under the name "gnu" just to be able to express an opinion. An opinion you agree with anyway. (2 days, 2 hours ago)

Me @ #11541: Are you all the same person? (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #11612: Nice variations. ( a pedant might quibble refreshers meeting your definition but it's clear enough;) (2 days, 4 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #11611: @gnu please, do show us how it's done.... Having said which, 3 of the four groups being so much of a kind was a bit much, especially if you get the Kiribati group first. (2 days, 4 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #11609: Somewhat Schizophrenic difficulty! (2 days, 4 hours ago)

Peter Sarstedt @ #11614: This grid is awesome, it was challenging and gripping, I'll take a healthy 7/10. More like this please (2 days, 4 hours ago)

toast @ #11576: Very imaginative thanks. (2 days, 7 hours ago)

gnu @ #11611: Uninspired grid to say the least. (2 days, 8 hours ago)

gnu @ #11610: I did like the calculator group but also didn't like "goozle". You could have just used "ooze" or something like that. (2 days, 8 hours ago)

Alex @ #11594: Indeed they are both. (2 days, 8 hours ago)

Wiz @ #11611: Sounds simple but beat me! (2 days, 8 hours ago)

Jerome @ #11608: Miss Slink.thats bad grammar! (2 days, 9 hours ago)

Pol @ #5464: Not sure about all the triangular numbers either. (2 days, 9 hours ago)

Miss C @ #5464: 1 is not a prime number (2 days, 10 hours ago)

JeSuis @ #11594: Or both... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Ham_United_F.C. (2 days, 11 hours ago)

Wiz @ #11608: I am going to have to retire gracefully I think. (2 days, 11 hours ago)

GarryC @ #11594: Scunthorpe are the Iron, West Ham being the Hammers! (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Wiz @ #11608: That's clearer if I do this.'whose number is more'. (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Wiz @ #11608: I thought it was clear contraction of who has. Whose chromosomes number is more would be OK.am I totally wrong? Help! A (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Miss Slink @ #11608: Soz, Wiz... (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Miss Slink @ #11608: Actually Wiz (sorry to be taking over Pedant's role again), "whose" is correct. Who's = who is. Whose = to whom they belong to. (2 days, 12 hours ago)

Wiz @ #11608: Irony MrTom? It should be who's. (2 days, 13 hours ago)

Wiz @ #11610: Ah yes! Thankyou! I get it now... (2 days, 14 hours ago)

Miss Slink @ #11608: Perhaps your husband is not worthy of you. Perhaps - gasp! - it is HE who is the potato! (2 days, 16 hours ago)

Pedant @ #11608: Obviously I would like to think so, miss slink. However I fear my husband would definitely go with the potato. (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #11608: Nice use of "whose" in the insult. (And you've reminded me of an idea which at some point I'm going to steal;) (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Mister Tom @ #11583: Some time ago I adopted the approach that If I knew what the connection was, then the score didn't matter... Nice use of agape (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Miss Slink @ #11608: I know, and I don't even charge you guys for it. Aren't you lucky? (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Miss Slink @ #11610: P.S. Wiz, they all have a line of horizontal symmetry. Imagine laying a mirror through the middle of each of them. (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Miss Slink @ #11610: I may be stepping into Pedant's territory here (sorry dude), but is goozle actually a proper word? I can only find sources referring to it as (largely archaic) slang, used mainly in very specific parts of America. (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Wiz @ #11610: Sorry SWIMS! (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Wiz @ #11610: And does SWiM really work? (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Wiz @ #11610: A killer grid! I don't understand the HOB group,but it's probably just my feeble brain. (2 days, 21 hours ago)

João Lorenzo @ #2059: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXelqs0oMJUJ06P7awnjY_g (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Wizz @ #11608: This was a fascinating grid. Thankyou! Miss Slink,you are a merciless tease! (3 days, 2 hours ago)

Me @ #11534: Domo Arigato (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Me @ #11533: Nice one but now I know that I am not letting her change the plug (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Miss Slink @ #11608: You wouldn't say you're sweet and juicy like a delicious strawberry, Pedant? (3 days, 4 hours ago)

Wiz @ #11589: Blues ,you are incorrigible!dont disappear! (3 days, 10 hours ago)

Tbone @ #11595: Have to agree with Miss Slink, you can't list 8 geographical places and expect people to know they all link to 1 band. A little bit too specialist. (3 days, 12 hours ago)

Ian @ #11572: I'm with Pernickerty, nice grid apart from Hungarian :-) (3 days, 14 hours ago)

knife @ #11487: Good stuff - chemical elements perhaps a shade on the obscure side (3 days, 16 hours ago)

Pedant @ #11608: Excellent grid. Miss slink, I'm definitely more potato than the others. Haters gunna hate, potatoes gunna potate! (3 days, 18 hours ago)

Miss Slink @ #11608: Strawberries, chinchillas, sheep, potatoes, tobacco plants, carp and hedgehogs also beat humans in the chromosome stakes. Pedant, do you fit into any of those categories? (4 days, 2 hours ago)

Blues @ #11589: Toast, Wiz, Pedant, kevin, thank you for the observation and comment. I thought it would be a little different to create a grid with "groups of three" when "groups of four" is the norm. Achieving this made me almost as proud as the time I climbed to the top of the floodlights at Cardiff City's old stadium after a dozen beers, and I am hopeless with heights. On reflection I think they are groups of four... Incidentally when I saw those floodlights the next day, when I was relatively sober, I nearly broke out into a cold sweat, they were about a mile high. But it was a dare, I was drunk and had standards to maintain. Nice to chat again chaps. (4 days, 2 hours ago)

windywendy @ #11509: Good. Glad my knowledge of French came in handy (4 days, 3 hours ago)

Ray @ #11608: So essentially you're saying pedant is more likely to be a chimp than a human. (4 days, 3 hours ago)

Pedant @ #11591: Yes (4 days, 4 hours ago)

AlanP @ #11595: Do you have a caps lock? (4 days, 6 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5801: Super! (4 days, 9 hours ago)

Dylan @ #11602: It was not bad but it has to have more to it (4 days, 9 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5873: Got me thinking! (4 days, 9 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5888: Excellent! (4 days, 9 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5889: Super fun! (4 days, 9 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5890: Excellent! Missed the Beatles! Darn! (4 days, 9 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5975: Clever! (4 days, 10 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5975: Clever! (4 days, 10 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5977: Loved it! (4 days, 10 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5977: (4 days, 10 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5977: (4 days, 10 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5977: (4 days, 10 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5977: Loved it! (4 days, 10 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #5983: Loved it! (4 days, 10 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #6002: Very clever! (4 days, 11 hours ago)

GavinJ @ #11601: Enjoyed this, although will now have that song going around my head all day! (4 days, 11 hours ago)

Miss Slink @ #11595: Constructive criticism, meant with the best of intentions: this grid would be much, much better if two of the links weren't about the same band. One link is fine, two is pushing it out of general knowledge territory somewhat. (4 days, 11 hours ago)

Pol @ #6139: Not a red herring in sight,that may have helped. (4 days, 12 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #6110: Keep getting caught out on hidden words!! (4 days, 12 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #6111: I made it difficult and only scored six!!! (4 days, 12 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #6139: Yay! I got ten!!! (4 days, 13 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #6140: Great fun! (4 days, 13 hours ago)

SueC4 @ #6164: Very good and enjoyable. (4 days, 13 hours ago)

By default only the most recent 100 comments are displayed. Display all.